International Conference on Social Identity and Health - Taster Session
In advance of our 2022 International Conference on Social Identity and Health, NTU’s Groups, Identities & Health Research Group are hosting a free online taster event.
- From: Friday 9 July 2021, 8 am
- To: Friday 9 July 2021, 3 pm
- Booking deadline: Monday 28 June 2021, 4.00 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
This day-long event showcases the latest social identity and health research from the UK and around the world. This new paradigm within Social Psychology, often called the ‘Social Cure’, articulates the ways in which social groups impact health and well-being.
Over the course of the day, delegates will be able to attend an exciting programme of blitz talks and poster presentations on topics including: mental health, sport and exercise, social prescribing, successful ageing, families and young people, refugee experiences, community health, leadership, and online groups. There will be ample opportunity for interaction with speakers and discussion among delegates.
We are delighted as part of this event to host a roundtable discussion on Social Psychological Contributions to the COVID-19 Pandemic featuring the following speakers:
- Prof Stephen Reicher, University of St Andrews
- Prof Catherine Haslam, University of Queensland
- Prof Alex Haslam, University of Queensland
- Prof John Drury, University of Sussex
- Associate Professor Tegan Cruwys, Australian National University
- Dr Mhairi Bowe, Nottingham Trent University
The event will be accessed via Microsoft Teams. A link will be emailed to you once you've booked your place. (Please check your junk/spam folder if you haven't received it.)