Practical Marketing Skills (in-person course)
In the current economic climate and with customer behaviours constantly changing, marketing is now more important than ever to the survival and success of businesses.
This Practical Marketing Skills course, which is part-funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) will not only provide you with a solid foundation in marketing principles and practice but will also provide you with lots of tips and techniques to help you stay ahead of the game.
- From: Tuesday 12 October 2021, 10 am
- To: Tuesday 2 November 2021, 1 pm
- Location: NTU University Centre, Vision West Nottinghamshire College, Derby Road, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG18 5BH
- Booking deadline: Friday 8 October 2021, 12.00 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
Please note: to be eligible for this course, you must be an employee of an SME that is based in Nottinghamshire or Derbyshire.
Practical Marketing Skills is a fully funded, Level 3 Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) accredited course. By signing up, you’ll receive a one-year CIM membership and can take a timed assessment which will give you 12 credit points towards a full CIM qualification.
As a business owner, entrepreneur, or someone responsible for external communications, you will already understand how important your reputation is to your success. It truly can be the deciding factor in whether or not customers choose to come to you instead of your competitors.
Effective marketing helps to build your brand and have a lasting impact by getting the word out about your business and allowing you to connect with new customers. You can build your current customer base, and most importantly, boost your sales.
Social distancing guidelines in-place at the time of this course will be fully adhered to. You can read more about our approach in the information for our current students.
Course dates and content
Practical Marketing Skills courses will run over four sessions on consecutive Tuesdays. Each session runs from 10 am – 1 pm.
This course will run on the following dates and cover the following topics:
|Pre-course (self-directed)||Module introduction and initial pre-work content.|
|Session 1: |
Tuesday 12 October 2021
|Session 2: |
Tuesday 19 October 2021
The marketing environment:
|Session 3: |
Tuesday 26 October 2021
The marketing mix:
|Session 4: |
Tuesday 2 November 2021
Review and action planning:
Places are limited to 16 delegates per group so book early to secure a place.
Upon successful completion of this module, you should be able to demonstrate the following knowledge and skills:
- Applying the core principles of marketing to your workplace
- Identifying the right elements of the marketing mix for your business
- Preparing and managing a marketing plan that will positively influence customer behaviour
- Accessing and analysing internal and external business intelligence and factors that may impact future operations
- Working effectively in a group and displaying teamwork
- Organising and managing your work and learning time online and offline
To enrol on this course, you must be an employee of an SME that is based in Nottinghamshire or Derbyshire.
Once we receive your enquiry, our team will be in touch to perform an eligibility check.
If you have any queries about this event, please email PracticalMarketingSkills@ntu.ac.uk.
You can find details of how to get to the college, including car parking information, on the Vision West Nottinghamshire College website.