Strategies for Addressing the Low Carbon Skills needs - UK & Midlands Built Environment Sector
As part of NTU's Campaign for COP26, this event by the School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment is for employers and stakeholders from the region to inform and discuss the local strategies to support the east midlands on our pathway to Net-Zero.
- From: Thursday 4 November 2021, 10 am
- To: Thursday 4 November 2021, 1 pm
- Location: NTU in Mansfield, Vision West Nottinghamshire College Campus, Derby Road, Mansfield, NG18 5BH
- Booking deadline: Wednesday 3 November 2021, 9.00 am
- Download this event to your calendar
We’ll be hosting a fortnight of events and activities to raise awareness of the importance of the twenty-sixth global UN Climate Change Conference (COP26).
The campaign will see a range of events, workshops, actions, and lectures focused on topics within the COP26 agenda. Stakeholders and students will gain understanding of the current climate crisis, how the crisis relates to other critical challenges in society, the need for climate action and how NTU is working to contribute and help.
Thursday 4 November, 10am - 1 pm
This event by the School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment is for employers and stakeholders from the region to inform and discuss the local strategies to support the east midlands on our pathway to Net-Zero.
10 - 12pm
- COP26 - The importance of the Paris Agreement - Professor Richard Bull, Deputy Dean School of Architecture, Design and Built Environment NTU
- Predicted Low Carbon skills needs in the East Midlands - David Walker, Principal Lecturer Construction and the Built Environment NTU
- Midlands Engine 10 Point Plan - East Midlands Engine
- NTU’s strategy for addressing the low carbon skills shortage - David Walker, Principal Lecturer Construction and the Built Environment NTU
- Stakeholder presentation- Driving climate action throughout global supply chains
- How NTU can help your business plan your path to Net Zero
- How to obtain a Carbon Literate Certificate
12 - 1pm
Networking Lunch and Close
If you would like to find out more about the event, or have any questions, please contact David Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org.