Women in Leadership course
The Women in Leadership course is available to employees of SMEs that are based in the Nottinghamshire or Derbyshire area. The course is fully funded by the European Social Fund (ESF), meaning it is delivered at no cost to the participant.
- From: Tuesday 12 October 2021, 12 am
- To: Tuesday 4 January 2022, 12 am
- Booking deadline: Friday 8 October 2021, 4.00 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
Please note: to be eligible for this course, you must be an employee of an SME that is based in Nottinghamshire or Derbyshire.
Building on our successful Women in Leadership course for SMEs that has been delivered since 2019, this course is delivered by Nottingham Business School experts.
The course is suitable for women currently working in or towards leadership and management roles and is accredited at Level 7, meaning participants can gain 20 credits towards a postgraduate qualification.
The course is delivered over five sessions. Four sessions will be delivered online, with one session in-person.
|Session 1||12 October 2021 (90 mins)||Online|
|Session 2||2 November 2021 (90 mins)||Online|
|Session 3||22 November 2021 (90 mins)||Online|
|Session 4||7 December 2021 (10am-4pm)||In-person|
|Session 5||4 January 2021 (90 mins)||Online|
Please note that to complete the course, you will be required to attend all sessions.
Course content and learning outcomes
The course addresses the following themes:
- Goal setting, development planning and career management
- How management and leadership delivers value to SMEs
- Women as leaders
- The importance of organisational culture
- Bringing people with you
- Leading and managing high-performing teams
- Communicating with impact
As a result of completing the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the strategies and styles leaders can adopt to address key people issues within your organisation
- Demonstrate an understanding of organisational culture and how it helps or hinders leadership initiatives.
- Critically evaluate your decisions, behaviours and actions, past and present, to enhance future personal, professional and leadership development.
- Gain new perspectives by learning how to reflect on your thinking and actions and apply new knowledge to ongoing career development.
- Propose solutions to meet leadership and management challenges which enhance organisational performance.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how you can develop your own leadership style in order to engage stakeholders.
- Analyse a variety of relevant evidence to support decision-making about the management of people within your organisation.
- Reflect on new experiences and contexts as part of the learning process in order to improve performance and develop your career.
- Communicate effectively in a report format and present your written work to a professional standard.