Centre for Business and Industry Transformation (CBIT) Launch Evening
We are delighted to invite you to the launch of our new Centre for Business and Industry Transformation (CBIT).
CBIT is a Nottingham Trent University Strategic Investment Fund initiative, which brings together industry transformation research, disruptive business practice, and education.
CBIT will work with industry partners to co-identify, co-design and co-deliver high-impact, world-leading education and research. Informed by industry challenges, CBIT will also augment the existing knowledge base through evidence-based venture building practice, with a range of innovative and practical venture building programmes available to entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial teams.
- From: Thursday 10 November 2022, 5 pm
- To: Thursday 10 November 2022, 7 pm
- Location: Lecture Theatre 4, Newton, Lecture Theatre 6, Level 1, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG1 4FQ
- Booking deadline: Wednesday 9 November 2022, 2.00 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
Who should attend?
If you are:
- Becoming a transformational entrepreneur and considering transformational entrepreneurship or corporate entrepreneurship degrees (masters and doctorate).
- Building your venture or running your own gig.
- A researcher interested in investigating how businesses become disruptive and transform the industry norm.
- Nikhil Chikhliwala, a recent graduate, will share his experience of our Masters degree programme, specifically designed for family-business successors and senior managers who are likely to become the next CEO. Nikhil will discuss how this programme helped him to build his venture, and made him a Strategist at Bow&Arrow, the Venture builder arm of Accenture.
- Manish Pillay and Kris MacCrory, co-founders at Dock-y, (a Venture Builder cohort). Manish and Kris will share their experience of the CBIT venture building programme.
- Roger Maull, Professor of Management Systems at the University of Exeter Business School and Academic Director of the Initiative for the Digital Economy at Exeter (INDEX). Roger will share his experience of working with the CBIT team on industry transformation research, and explain why you should be part of this research agenda.
|5:00 - 5:30 pm||Arrival, registration and refreshments|
|5:30 - 5:35 pm||Welcome from Professor Baback Yazdani, Executive Dean of Nottingham Business School|
|5:35 - 5:45 pm||Masters programme experience|
|5:45 - 5:55 pm||Venture building experience|
|5:55 - 6:05 pm||Industry informed research|
|6:05 - 6:15 pm||CBIT introduction|
|6:15 - 7:00 pm||Discussion and networking|
Visit our website for map, directions and travel information.