Attenborough Nature Reserve Guided Walk
Join Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust's Wilder Nottinghamshire Officer KT Smith for a guided walk of Attenborough Nature Reserve. This event is open to staff and students and is hosted in Partnership with NTU's Sustainability Team as a part of Global Week 2022.
- From: Friday 29 April 2022, 4 pm
- To: Friday 29 April 2022, 6 pm
- Booking deadline: Friday 29 April 2022, 3.30 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
NTU and Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust in partnership host a walk to enable you to discover more about the stunning site of Attenborough Nature Reserve. Learn about NWT's commitment to sustainability and how you can be part of a Wilder Nottinghamshire - an ethos focused on taking action for nature with benefits for both people and the planet.
This is event is hosted in partnership with the NTU Sustainability Team as part of Global Week at NTU
Details of the event
* Please meet at the 'apron' to the Nature Centre. The apron is the pedestrianised spot with the picnic benches in front of the nature centre. KT Smith, staff member of NWT and walk lead will meet you there.
* Please note the nature centre will be closed so there will no access to facilities on the reserve.
* The route we are taking is wheelchair accessible.
* Please dress appropriately for the weather and terrain - walking shoes or study trainers are preferable.
* Walking/Cycling - easily accessible by either
* Bus - Trent Barton Indigo (approx. 30 mins) bus from 'Friar Lane' stop in Nottingham City Centre to 'Chilwell Retail Park' stop. Then it's around ten minutes' walk down Barton Lane to the reserve.
* Train - Attenborough train station is just five minutes' walk from the reserve, and ten minutes' walk to the Nature Centre.
* Car parking is £3 per car for the day. Free to NWT members. Parking is paid for at the end of your visit (so you won't need to display anything - payment is determined through number plate recognition at the entrance to the reserve) - there are meters at the car park where you can pay by cash or card.
If travelling by car, please consider carpooling with other attendees to make your journey greener!