Grow your Business
Nottingham Business School and Nelsons are pleased to invite you to their first Grow Your Business Discussion forum where you will learn from our experts, mentors and your peers, exchange experiences with other SME leaders and plan to tackle your growth ambitions and obstacles head on. In this session we will be discussing; Incentivising staff whilst protecting founders, understanding the importance of contract processes and dealing with under performance.
- When: Friday 1 April 2022, 9.30 am
- Registration: 9 am - 9:30 am
- Booking deadline: Thursday 31 March 2022, 12.00 am
- Download this event to your calendar
Nottingham Business School and Nelsons are pleased to invite you to their first Grow Your Business Discussion forum where you will learn from our experts, mentors and your peers, exchange experiences with other SME leaders and plan to tackle your growth ambitions and obstacles head on.
This interactive forum will cover how you can join the Help to Grow programme along with case study scenarios presented by Nelsons' specialist lawyers. As a round table format, it’s the perfect opportunity for you to ask questions and gain practical tips and advice on the following topics:
1. Incentivising staff whilst protecting the founders
- The importance of having appropriate articles of association and shareholders’ agreements in place
- Issuing shares to employees and options around setting up share schemes or allotting growth shares
2. Understanding the importance of contract processes when doing business
- Common issues that arise and how you can protect your business by having effective contract terms in place
- The requirements for a binding contract
- Why it’s important to consider potential claims prior to contracts being entered into
3. Dealing with underperformance
- Setting expectations and managing performance issues
- Using probationary periods and conducting regular appraisals
- Having the confidence to tackle performance concerns and deal with challenging conversations
This event will be of interest to both new and experienced senior leaders in small and medium businesses and it is open to everyone, not just those already enrolled on the Help to Grow management course.
Registration and refreshments will be from 9.30am with the event starting at 9.45am. We expect to finish at around 12.00pm when a buffet lunch will be available.
There is no charge to attend, but places are limited to enable group discussions.
About Help to Grow: Management
During the discussion forum yo will also have the opportunity to find out more about our new executive development course, Help to Grow Management.
The government-backed course will open the door to growth for thousands of business leaders.
The course is designed and delivered by leading UK Business Schools, accredited to the Small Business Charter, with input from small business experts, and features real life case studies developed in partnership with high growth UK businesses.
Aimed at both new and experienced senior leaders in small and medium businesses, the course covers strategies for growth and innovation, leading high-performance teams and digital adoption, as well as financial management and responsible business practices.
Participants will benefit from 50 hours of in depth training, 1:1 business mentoring, learning alongside their peers and have access to a national alumni network.
The 12-week programme costs just £750 and is 90% subsidised by the government. You can take part around your existing work commitments and access learning through a blend of online and face-to-face sessions.
By the end of the programme you will develop a tailored business growth plan to increase productivity and grow your revenue, and help take your business to the next level.
To find out more about Help to Grow: Management visit ntu.ac.uk/helptogrow