4D Materials Design and Additive Manufacturing 2022 Conference
The 4D Printing Society calls for abstracts/papers for its first international conference, "4D Materials Design & Additive Manufacturing 2022".
- From: Thursday 1 September 2022, 9 am
- To: Friday 2 September 2022, 5 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
The first international 4D Materials Design and Additive Manufacturing 2022 (4DMDA 2022) Conference is organized by the 4D Printing Society. The conference will showcase the latest developments and technologies in smart materials, intelligent designs, modeling, additive manufacturing, and 3D/4D printing, alongside the current issues of concern in the further development of 3D/4D printed devices. 4DMDA 2022 will provide a forum for internationally recognized experts and young scientists working in the fields of smart materials, advanced modeling, and 3D/4D printing technologies to present their work.
4D Materials Design and Additive Manufacturing Conference 2022 aims to bring together the most recent research on a variety of exciting topics such as (but not limited to):
- Design methods for smart materials and additive manufacturing using artificial intelligence, topological optimization, etc.
- New materials, design, and functionalities (digital materials, auxetics, lattices, metamaterials, smart materials in robotics, biomaterials, 3D/4D-printed soft robots, etc.)
- Advanced additive manufacturing techniques of smart materials (4D printing, bioprinting, multi-material printing, AM processes, hybrid AM, closed-loop 3D printing, etc.)
- Advanced modeling and simulation (mechanics of materials, constitutive modeling, shape memory effects, multi-physics, stimuli-responsive, coupling effects, etc.)
- Characterization and innovative properties (morphing, mechanical, fatigue, aging, etc.)
- Industrialization and applications (health, aerospace, automotive, defense, civil, etc.)
- Current issues of concern in the further development of 4D materials, design, and additive manufacturing.
The 4D Printing Society invites abstracts and papers from researchers, students, and working professionals from academia as well as industry within the scope of the conference subjects.
This conference will be hosted as an online event and take place on September 1-2, 2022.
The event will be live considering the different time zones. Each presentation will be recorded and then stored on the website so it will be accessible to registered participants.
Submissions, Awards, Publications
Speakers have two options for submissions: 1) 1-page abstract or 2) 2-page mini-paper.
-To attend the conference as a speaker, please submit your abstract or mini paper via the following submission tab no later than June 1, 2022.
– Please write your abstracts or mini papers using the proposed Word template. This must be written in English, must not exceed 1-2 pages maximum (figures and tables included), and be submitted in .docx format.
-Authors will be notified of paper acceptance or non-acceptance within 7 days of their submission. The notification email will include comments from the reviewers.
-On acceptance, you will be required to prepare a 15 minute PowerPoint presentation to be presented at the conference.
-On acceptance of your submission (either abstract or mini paper), you will be asked to make an online payment. Please check the registration section.
-Non-submitters are also welcome to attend the conference as audience members.
-All abstracts and mini papers that are accepted will be published in a book of proceedings for 4DMDA 2022. You will have an opportunity to modify your abstract/paper in response to the reviewer’s comments and re-submit it by September 1, 2022, to be included in the book of proceedings.
-Three mini papers will be chosen for the Best Paper Awards conferred at the end of the conference. The judging panel will comprise four directors from the 4D Printing Society. Judges will decide on the awards based on the quality of both the written abstract/paper and the presentation.
-The winners will receive a £50 Amazon voucher plus an official certificate from 4DPS with the title of “Best Research Paper presented – 4D Materials Design and Additive Manufacturing Conference 2022”.
-Additionally, high-quality abstracts/mini papers will be invited to submit a full-length paper to be peer-reviewed and, if accepted, it will be published in the Focus Issue of the journal of Smart Materials and Structures.
We look forward to receiving your abstracts and presentations. For further information please contact email@example.com
Further details about the online conference can be found on the organisers website here