Help to Grow: Management Course Taster Event
Free online session
The Help to Grow: Management Course is a scheme accredited by the Small Business Charter that supports senior managers of small and medium-sized businesses to boost their business’s performance, resilience, and long-term growth.
This session will allow you to experience a flavour of what the course will entail and find out more to help make an informed decision before signing up.
- From: Tuesday 17 May 2022, 12.15 pm
- To: Tuesday 17 May 2022, 1 pm
- Location: Online, Microsoft Teams Event,
- Booking deadline: Monday 16 May 2022, 12.00 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
Join us at our free lunchtime taster session for an introduction to our Help to Grow: Management Course to have your queries resolved and gain a better understanding of how the course can give your business a boost.
- Welcome and introduction to the course.
- Taster extract from one of the course modules, delivered by Growth Marketing Specialist and Nottingham Business School Associate Mick Stoves. Mick will explore the concept of Customer Value Proposition by asking: what a CVP is; why it's important; and how it links to Customer Segmentation and Targetting to form the basics of any good marketing strategy. The session will highlight why doing any kind of communications activity without a clearly worked-out Customer Value Proposition is the biggest waste of a business's marketing pound.
- Q&A to conclude.
Designed to allow particpants to complete the course alongside full-time work, the Help to Grow: Management Course combines online sessions with face-to-face learning and covers a new module each week over 12 weeks. The course is 90% subsided by the government – costing only £750 and will develop particpant's capabilities in leadership, innovation, digital adoption, employee engagement, marketing, responsible business, and financial management. Upon completion, particpants will have a Growth Action Plan that they can implement into their business developed through 1:1 mentoring support.
East Midlands Chamber are offering 100 eligible businesses in the East Midlands the opportunity to take advantage of fully funded places on the Help to Grow: Management Course. Businesses must fit the eligibility criteria and be based in Bassetlaw, Derbyshire Dales, High Peak, Leicester City, Mansfield, Newark and Sherwood, or Nottingham City to qualify for the subsidy.