Higher Education Administration, Management and Leadership Insights and Networking Event
Take the opportunity to find out more about the Postgraduate Diploma and MSc Higher Education Administration, Management and Leadership courses from our expert academic team and some of our course alumni.
- From: Wednesday 18 May 2022, 12 pm
- To: Wednesday 18 May 2022, 1 pm
- Booking deadline: Tuesday 17 May 2022, 12.00 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
Nicola Peacock, recent NBS alumni, will share the findings of her MSc dissertation research in relation to change management during the COVID pandemic in specialist Higher Education Institution. She will outline key challenges and recommendations to practitioners for change management in times of crisis.
The Postgraduate Diploma will enable you to:
- Develop and enhance participants management and leadership knowledge through providing a stimulating and supportive learning environment.
- Enhance professional practice through critical appraisals, reflection and application of management and leadership knowledge, skills, behaviours and values.
- Develop transferable skills (including verbal and written communication, working in teams, problem identification, research, making presentations and working with data).
The MSc will allow you to:
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of how contemporary issues, theories and ideologies in administration, management and leadership can be applied to improve current practice in your institution and the HE sector in general.
- Evaluate the rigour and validity of published research and assess its relevance to the HE sector, synthesising existing research to identify alternative approaches.
- Display proficiency in the use of techniques of research and enquiry to draw conclusions from critical evaluation of relevant issues.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of your role and organisation in the global HE context.
- Managing transformational change in times of crisis: Nicola Peacock, Deputy Academic Registrar Royal College of Music
- Introduction to the PG Dip and MSc programme: Hulya Oztel, Course Leader
- Open discussion and experience sharing with Course alumni
- Rationale for progressing onto the PG Dip and MSc
- Career contributions of the programme
- Lessons learnt and key tips to potential candidates