Uncovering The Rutland Sea Dragon
Join Tim Sexton for a talk about the largest and most complete Ichthyosaur fossil ever discovered in Britain.
- From: Wednesday 8 June 2022, 6 pm
- To: Wednesday 8 June 2022, 7 pm
- Location: Nottingham Trent University, Brackenhurst Campus, Brackenhurst Lane, Southwell, Nottinghamshire, NG25 0QF
- Booking deadline: Wednesday 8 June 2022, 12.00 am
- Download this event to your calendar
During work to re-landscape the islands on one of the lagoons at Rutland Water, staff at the Nature Reserve discovered what would become the largest and most complete Ichthyosaur fossil ever discovered in Britain. This amazing find was featured in the recent BBC series ‘Digging for Britain’. Tim Sexton (NTU BSc Wildlife Conservation alumni) will talk about the significance of the 180 million year old find along with how the re-landscaping work has benefitted the modern-day wildlife on the site.