Bonington Vitrines #20: Spaces of Translation – European Magazines, 1945-65
This exhibition brings together a number of European journals and magazines that emerged after World War II, and highlights the overlooked and mostly unacknowledged translators who worked on them.
- From: Saturday 21 January 2023, 10 am
- To: Saturday 11 March 2023, 3 pm
- Location: Bonington Gallery, Bonington Building, Dryden Street, Nottingham, NG1 4GG
- Cost: Free
- Download this event to your calendar
In the aftermath of World War II, hundreds of new journals emerged across Europe. This explosion of print was a reaction to the years of privation and lack of cultural contact between nations. It also responded to public discussion about what might now constitute a ‘European’ identity – an issue central to processes of reconstruction and reconciliation in the post-war period.
This exhibition brings together a number of these magazines and highlights the overlooked and mostly unacknowledged translators who worked on them.
Find out more on the Bonington Gallery website.
Student and Staff free VIP Membership
Get exclusive access to ticket offers, discounts and Curated & Created event announcements with our free VIP Membership for NTU/Confetti students and staff.
- Sign up for Curated & Created’s NTU student VIP membership
- Sign up for Curated & Created’s NTU staff VIP membership
Curated & Created – sign up to our mailing list
This event is part of Curated & Created, NTU’s arts programme – sign up to our public mailing list to hear about our events and offers.