EVE: International Women’s Eve & Girl Band
On the eve of International Women's Day, students are invited to explore Nottingham Contemporary after hours. BBC introducing's Girlband will also perform.
- From: Tuesday 7 March 2023, 7 pm
- To: Tuesday 7 March 2023, 9 pm
- Location: Nottingham Contemporary, Weekday Cross, Nottingham, NG1 2GB
- Cost: Free
- Booking deadline: Monday 6 March 2023, 9.00 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
On the eve of International Women's Day, Nottingham Trent students are invited to explore Nottingham Contemporary after hours.
Join us to celebrate Nottingham Contemporary’s new exhibitions from Charlotte Johannesson, Carolyn Lazard: Long Take and Rosalind Nashashibi: Hooks with a twist. Held in the gallery spaces, experience short talks from our finest academics responding to the themes of the female-led exhibition.
The work of textile artist and early computer art pioneer Charlotte Johannesson represents a synthesis between the artisanal and the digital.
Working across disciplines and mediums, Carolyn Lazard explores the social and political dimensions of care.
By turns lush, fractured and dream-like, Rosalind Nashashibi's new paintings are concerned with mirroring, monograms and the question of a “signature” style, by way of curtains and split surfaces.
- Gender, Ageing, Identity and Embodiment: Learning Skateboarding Age 63 – Carrie Paetcher
- Communities as Social Cures: How Feeling Connected To Our Local Community Makes Us Happier, Healthier, and More Helpful – Juliet Wakefield
- Examining gender inequalities among Community Health Workforces and their impact on maternal and child healthcare delivery in Ghana – Elma Rejoice Banyen
- Islamophobia and Misogyny Towards Veiled Muslim Women – Irene Zempi
- Surviving Crying Research Programme: Supporting Parents of Babies Who Cry Excessively – Jayne Brown A Decolonial Examination of the ‘Modern Gender System’ – Mollie Baldwin
- Writing Stories: An Exploration of the Personal Writing Histories of Trainee English Teachers and Impact of these on their Writer Identities – Aisling Waters
Nottingham's own BBC introducing's Girlband will also perform a set. Formed in Nottingham in April 2022, the all-girl trio channel the likes of Khruangbin, Wet leg, Lost Bitchos and Big moon with a no nonsense attitude and killer songs.
& a free bar + light bites!
Book your free ticket here.