IWD 2023 - Academic Promotions Panel Event
This international women’s day the EDI team invite you to join us in recognising and celebrating women academics’ achievements and recent promotions.
- From: Tuesday 21 March 2023, 1 pm
- To: Tuesday 21 March 2023, 2 pm
- Location: N34, Newton Building, City Campus, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
- Booking deadline: Tuesday 21 March 2023, 1.00 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
In support of our commitment to increase the proportion of women in senior academic roles, and to spotlight the achievements of women in academia we have organised an informal panel discussion exploring the stories and experiences of women who have been promoted to Associate Professor and Professor. There are limited places available so please book on to secure your place.
Please join us for a conversation as our panellists share their thoughts and reflections on the promotion process and their careers leading up to now. As well as raising the profile of the women in these roles we will also look at some myth-busting and demystifying of the promotions process from the perspective of those who have successfully gone through it. The panel are from a range of academic schools and represent all three academic pathways – if you have questions about the promotions process or want to hear about a wide range of career paths and experiences, now is your chance!
Alongside the panel event, there will be several case-study/interview pieces from a range of recently promoted women academics which will be available via the newsroom over March and April – be sure to check these out!
Panel Chair: Laura Stinson
- Hua Zhong - Architecture, Design and the Built Environment - Teaching and Scholarship
- Rachel Challen - Arts and Humanities - Teaching and Scholarship
- Samantha Ward - Animal, Rural and Environmental Sciences - Teaching and Practice
- Alison Hardy - School of Social Sciences - Teaching and Practice
- Irene Zempi - School of Social Sciences - Teaching and Research
- Loretta Trickett - Nottingham Law School - Teaching and Practice
- Naomi Braithwaite – Nottingham School of Art and Design – Teaching and Research