Life as an international in-house commercial solicitor
LPC and SQE students are invited to a presentation by in-house international commercial solicitor with Western Digital and NLS alumni Chris Stanley, and Sarah Kinton of NLS Employability. The talk will cover working in house as a solicitor, a training contract opportunity at Western Digital’s HQ, and writing legal applications.
- From: Tuesday 14 March 2023, 1 pm
- To: Tuesday 14 March 2023, 2 pm
- Location: GTL102, Goldsmith Teaching and Learning Building, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 5LT
- Booking deadline: Tuesday 14 March 2023, 12.00 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
Chris Stanley is an NLS alumni and practicing international commercial lawyer for silicon valley tech company Western Digital.
WD specializes in data storage hardware and is responsible for household name brands such as ‘SanDisk’ cards and ‘WD_Black’ gaming drives.
Chris qualified during his employment in the UK’s space technology industry and was a former adviser to the Cabinet Office during the Theresa May administration.
His presentation topics will include:
- Working ‘in-house’: the USP and forging your own career path.
- Commercial awareness – Understanding Corporate Social Responsibility and the role of the lawyer as driver of sustainable business practices.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to:
- Enter into a NLS students and alumni only prize draw to win a WD Passport™ 1TB Solid State Drive (£116.99 GBP).
- Speak to Chris about an upcoming training contract opportunity at Western Digital’s EMEA HQ in Guildford.
Sarah Kinton will be speaking on writing legal applications.
Seating is limited due to room availability, so we strongly recommend booking as soon as possible.