Service Design Jam Nottingham
Join us at City Campus between March 17 and 19 for a weekend of creativity, teamwork and fun as we participate in the Global Service Jam.
- From: Friday 17 March 2023, 6 pm
- To: Sunday 19 March 2023, 4 pm
- Location: Lecture Theatre 7, Newton Building, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
- Booking deadline: Friday 17 March 2023, 6.00 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
What is the Global Service Jam?
The Global Service Jam is an event held all around the world in over 100 locations, where teams will try to create new innovative service designs around a central theme within 48 hours. The theme will however not be revealed until the event starts.
What is Service Design?
Users don't interact with services and products in isolation, there are many factors to consider when creating or evaluating goods and services we use on a daily basis. Service Design is the process of understanding how these factors tie into the user experience and incorporating them into new and innovative approaches.
Who is this for?
Everyone! Whether you are a seasoned Service Designer, looking to get into the field of user experience, or simply curious, this event will have something for you. Meet new people, build teams, and challenge yourself to create outside-of-the-box service designs around a secret theme.
Do I need to bring anything?
Only yourself and your creative mind! We will provide all the materials needed to create your service prototypes. During the event we will have light refreshments available throughout the event, starting off with a pizza night on Friday evening.
Dates and Timings:
- Friday 17 March, 6 - 9 pm: Get to meet everyone, reveal the secret theme, get into groups and brainstorm some great ideas!
- Saturday 18 March, 10 am - 5 pm: Start designing your prototypes, get feedback from the public, check in with our mentors on your design and improve your prototypes.
- Sunday 19 March, 11 am - 4 pm: Finalise your designs, upload them to the Global Jam website and present them to the rest of the participants! There will be time afterwards to have a chat with everyone.
If you need any more information about the event, please do not hesitate to contact one of the organisers:
- Owen Beer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Niklas Juergens (email@example.com)
- Jacob Barker (firstname.lastname@example.org)