Formations: Swan Song – An Exploration of Cuban Performance Art
Join us for a free screening of a newly-translated documentary that explores the emergence of performance art in Cuba in the 1980s, followed by a conversation with film director and artist Glexis Novoa.
- When: Thursday 15 June 2023, 6.30 pm
- Location: Bonington Gallery, Bonington Building, Dryden Street, Nottingham, NG1 4GG
- Cost: Free
- Booking deadline: Thursday 15 June 2023, 6.30 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
Join us at Bonington Gallery for a free screening of a documentary by artist Glexis Novoa that explores the emergence of performance art in Cuba in the 1980s.
The film was initially made for the exhibition Losing the Human Form at the Reina Sofia Museum in Madrid, which looked at art in the 1980s in Latin America.
Free and open to everyone. Find out more and book your ticket.
This event is part of Bonington Gallery's Formations programme. Formations is a public events series which foregrounds under-represented artists, writers, thinkers, and activists, run by NTU’s Postcolonial Studies Centre and Bonington Gallery.
Student and Staff free VIP Membership
Get exclusive access to ticket offers, discounts and Curated & Created event announcements with our free VIP Membership for NTU/Confetti students and staff.
- Sign up for Curated & Created’s NTU student VIP membership
- Sign up for Curated & Created’s NTU staff VIP membership
Curated & Created – sign up to our mailing list
This event is part of Curated & Created, NTU’s arts programme – sign up to our public mailing list to hear about our events and offers.