Contemporary Issues in Financial Markets and Banking
As an integral part of the Centre for Finance, Technology and Society in the Nottingham Business School, this annual conference seeks to highlight the latest developments which have the potential to change the finance and banking landscape. You can see our previous conference here.
- From: Wednesday 17 January 2024, 9 am
- To: Thursday 18 January 2024, 4 pm
- Booking deadline: Wednesday 3 January 2024, 8.00 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
Welcome to IFMB!
The objective of the conference is to address the emerging gaps within the finance and banking scholarship. As an integral part of the Centre for Finance, Technology and Society in the Nottingham Business School, the annual conference seeks to highlight the latest developments which have the potential to change the finance and banking landscape.
We are currently accepting papers, please send your submissions to email@example.com.
About NTU and Research at NTU
NTU is proud to be recognised as an inspiring University with an outstanding reputation for teaching, research and community engagement. The Nottingham Business School is proud to have achieved prestigious accreditations, gaining both EQUIS and AACSB accreditation.
REF 2021 is the UK’s system for assessing the excellence of research in higher education providers. The outcomes are used to inform the allocation of around £2 billion per year of public funding for universities’ research. NTU submitted a total of 39 impact case studies to this round of REF. Our impact case studies were highly rated: 86% of our research impact was rated as 'world-leading' or 'internationally excellent' in terms of quality.
Thong Dao, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom
Thao Nguyen, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom
Jeremy Cheah, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom
Linzhi Tan, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom
Sercan Demiralay, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom
Suliman Alshahmy, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom
Mehmet Sahiner, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom
Registrations and paper submissions
- Interested participants should register for the conference using the following form and then proceed with the process below:
- After registration, you should receive an email providing access to the conference Sharepoint site. Once logged in, participants can submit their papers to be reviewed by the scientific committee.
- If the paper is accepted after review, participants will be informed of the outcome via email. The paper will be allocated a presentation slot (via Microsoft Teams) in the relevant session depending on the topic on the day of presentation. More details on the presentation will follow nearer the presentation dates.
- Successful participants will be invited to submit their papers to several Special Issues linked to the conference. Please see below for further information.
- Participants will then proceed to make a payment of £30 for doctoral students or £50 for regular submission before they can attend or present at the conference. This payment will also grant access to all conference materials (e.g., submitted papers and recorded presentations) for one month after the conference.
- The conference is also open to anyone who wishes to access the presentations and papers but does not wish to submit any paper.
The link to pay the registration fee will be added here soon.
Deadline for paper submissions: 30 November 2023
Deadline for payment: 03 January 2024
Conference dates: 17 to 18 January 2024
- To provide a network platform to bring early career researchers together to form links with experienced academics.
- To establish supportive hubs to allow researchers to discuss the widespread effects of financial crises arising from Covid-19 and the role of sustainable sources of financing to confront current and future economic crises.
- To create a scholarly network to examine the challenges of dynamic decision making in a business environment fit for the future.
- To discuss the newer puzzles in finance and banking in a supportive and inclusive environment.
The scientific and organizing committee welcome submissions in all areas of banking and finance presentation at the conference. Early submission is highly encouraged, and the decision is made as soon as the review is completed. The main topics of the conference include, but are not limited to:
Financial resilience and Covid-19; Green and sustainable finance; Decentralised finance and disruptive financial technology; Empirical asset pricing, liquidity and behavioural finance; Financial risk management and inclusion; Alternative finance and investment; Financial and banking stability; Financial (dis)integration and Brexit; Artificial intelligence, machine and deep learning applications in finance; Corporate finance and sustainable energy financing; Crisis investment and portfolio management; Corporate governance and scandals; International financial management and investment; Market microstructures; Household finance; Real estate and property markets; Metaverse and Blockchain technologies in finance
PhD Workshops with Parallel Sessions
Will run concurrently with the parallel tracks.
The submission could be a fully developed manuscript or an extended abstract. We do not impose any style requirements. You must create an account to submit your article to the system. The link to create an account will be added here soon.
This information will be added soon.
This information will be added soon.
Contact: For queries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: Is the conference online or onsite?
A: IFMB2024 is a totally online conference
Q: I am a PhD student. Can I submit my work to the IFMB 2024 conference?
A: We welcome works from researchers, practitioners, academics and PhD candidates
Q: What is an extended abstract?
A: An extended abstract is approximately 500 words summary of the paper which includes brief literature reviews, methodology and results.
Q: How do I submit and track my paper in SharePoint?
A: There is a section on the home page for you to submit/upload your paper for review. Please start there and follow the on-screen information.
Q: Can I appeal the outcome of my paper review?
A: All decisions from the review process are final.
Q: Can I present more than one paper at the conference?
A: No, you can’t present more than one paper at the conference
Q: What is my Paper ID?
A: There is a section on the Sharepoint home page for you to track your submission. After your paper is uploaded, it should appear there with a Paper ID.
Q: Why can’t I access the conference materials?
A: The conference materials include all submitted papers and recorded presentations. Access will be available upon payment of the registration fee.
Q: In the case of cancellation, can I get a refund?
A: 50% of the conference fee will be refunded for withdrawal requests made prior to 11 January 2024. No refunds are available on or after that date.