Higher and Degree Apprenticeships at Nottingham Trent University

Higher and degree apprenticeships combine work and training. This gives your apprentices the best of both worlds – providing valuable professional experience while studying at either Foundation or Bachelors level.

Apprentice at work
Camera icon
Apprentice at work

Higher and degree apprenticeships combine work and training. This gives your apprentices the best of both worlds – providing valuable professional experience while studying at either Foundation or Bachelors level.

Apprenticeships can help your existing employees develop the skills and experience to allow your enterprise to grow and move forward. They can tackle skills shortages in fields where there are few graduates or an ageing workforce, and fill positions that are difficult to recruit for. Taking on an apprentice can give you the fresh knowledge required to cope with new technologies and new markets.

Who pays the tuition fees?

From April 2017, employers with a pay bill of more than £3 million will be levied 0.5% of their pay bill towards the funding of apprenticeships. Smaller businesses will contribute just 10% of the cost of training their apprentices, and the government will cover the remaining 90%.

All apprenticeships beginning from 1 May 2017 will correspond to new funding bands. These upper limits represent the maximum amount that the government will contribute or that employers can take back out of their levy fund for the training and assessment of an individual apprentice.

If the cost of the apprenticeship is higher than the funding band limit , the employer must fund the difference.

Our apprenticeships are led by industry. Our high-quality teaching stays relevant to your business, and evolves in line with the needs of local employers. Visit our website for details and more about our future plans. You can also attend our free employer breakfast event on 9 March.

We’re keen to work with you to continue to improve our apprenticeships. Fliss Miller, Head of Apprenticeships and UK College Partnerships, said: “Higher and degree apprenticeships allow employers to tailor-make the skills and experiences they need to grow their own talent. We want to collaborate with employers to create apprenticeships that meet your particular business needs. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me via email if you’d like to discuss how apprenticeships at NTU could work for your business”.

Higher and Degree Apprenticeships at Nottingham Trent University

Published on 23 February 2017
  • Category: Business

Still need help?

+44 (0)115 941 8418