Final year support – a student’s experience
Learn about the final year support available to you from the Library.
Are you in your final year of study? Well I’m currently working as a placement student in the Library, but as a student who's been through final year I can happily say that all the services they offer definitely helped me to stay calm and composed and achieve great results.
I remember my last year as a student at NTU and how chaotic it was not just for me but for my friends as well. Numerous deadlines all around the same time, my mates having all their exams in the same week, revision, planning essays etc. There was a lot! But fortunately there were many services in the Library that helped me and my friends stay on top of our workload and get everything done to the best of our ability.
How can I use the Library for support?
- Luckily #YourLibrary is open 24/7 so you don't have to worry about packing up to leave the Library early.
- If you need 20+ books for your dissertation then don't stress, you're entitled to extra loans.
- There’s a variety of academic skills support such has how to write introductions, maths and stats and revision techniques. Most importantly, you can book onto 1-to-1 appointment with a student mentor and/or the learning and teaching staff.
- If you can’t get to the Library, you can have your appointment via Skype. Just make sure you select that option when booking.
- For all of you doing a dissertation, we can offer you a 1-to-1 dissertation and literature review support too.
- If there's something that you need but don't see on Library OneSearch, we have the resources and the staff to get you a copy within three working days
Visit www.ntu.ac.uk/library for more details about all our Library services