We know how eager you are to return to our facilities and we are absolutely delighted to welcome you back to NTU Sport.
The NTU Sport team have been working hard behind the scenes to ensure a safe return to campus for our members and colleagues. We are very excited to confirm we will be opening our facilities to you on Tuesday 1 September.
We have introduced a number of new measures following government advice, to help keep you safe whilst using and enjoying our equipment and facilities. We appreciate that this will take a little getting used to, however we are working in your best interests, to create the most enjoyable experience possible.
We are operating slightly different opening hours for the first few weeks, please make note of them to avoid disappointment.
Keeping you safe
We will be implementing the following measures throughout all of our facilities:
- Our changing rooms will only be available for certain activities, where possible please come fully dressed for your workout and shower at home.
- Each building will have additional signage to mark which direction members should walk in, to encourage use of the stairs wherever possible and to sanitise hands after touching communal objects such as door key pads.
Additional hand sanitiser gel stations will be by each main entrance, near toilets and at various points throughout the facilities.
- Antibacterial wipes will be provided and must be used before and after using any equipment.
- Some equipment won’t be available to enable appropriate social distancing.
- Regular enhanced cleaning will take place in the facilities.
- Screens have been placed at reception desks, where it is difficult to maintain a 2m distance.
We will be asking the following of our members:
- Please book in advance for your session, and only turn up at the specified time. You will not be permitted entry if you arrive early or late.
- Maintain a 2m distance from our staff and other users of the facilities.
- Wash/sanitise your hands on entry and exit, and at frequent intervals during your visit.
- Arrive at and leave the facilities in appropriate clothing for your activity, to avoid unnecessary use of the changing rooms.
- Don’t bring a gym towel.
NTU Sport App
Once our facilities reopen, you will be required to book your gym session in advance using the NTU Sport App. This will allow us to monitor the number of users throughout the day and prevent overcrowding. Classes will also be available and bookable via the NTU Sport App.
The NTU Sport App can be downloaded from the Play Store and the App Store. If you are having difficulty in accessing the NTU Sport App, please email us. You will need your Member ID to create your account, which can be found in the ‘Create New or Reset Password’ email.
We're still encouraging all NTU students, staff and their families to stay fit and active by joining NTU Sport's online classes. All classes are streamed live and can be done in the comfort of your own home. Follow us on Instagram for the daily class updates.
Please email or message us on social media for the individual class passwords.
|Monday||HIIT||12 pm – 12:30 pm||Kyle|
|Tuesday||Yoga||12:15 pm – 1 pm||Leah|
|Wednesday||Yoga||7:45 am – 8:30 am||Jane|
|Thursday||Circuits||12:15 pm – 1 pm||Adam|
|Friday||Pilates||9 am – 9:45 am||Tati T|
My direct debit membership is frozen, when will it resume?
We will be unfreezing all memberships on Monday 21 September. You will be able to access the facilities from this date, and your first payment will be taken on either 25 September, 1 October, 8 October or 15 October depending on your payment date. If you wish to resume your membership sooner than this date, please email us with plenty of notice and we can action this, as well as organising a pro rata payment over the phone for this period.
What is happening with my staff My Benefits membership?
The My Benefits team have taken the decision to cancel all My Benefits memberships. If you would like to restart your monthly membership, you can do so by filling out the Benefit Selection Form.
When and how can I purchase an annual Active membership?
Active memberships will be available to purchase online from Friday 28 August. You will need to purchase your membership in advance of your first session back in the gym, as we will not be selling memberships in the facilities.
I’m a public or alumni member and the Sports Centres closed part way through my month membership. What will happen to the remainder of the month I’ve paid for?
I have unused Fitness Package sessions, can they be carried forward?
Any unused sessions can be carried forward to the 2020/2021 academic year. Please get in touch with your Fitness Instructor to organise this.
Public Health England: www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
- Category: Sport