Santander COVID-19 Hardship Business Support Fund opens for students and graduates
NTU Enterprise offers students and graduates COVID-19 business support fund using Santander donation.
NTU Enterprise: Santander COVID-19 Hardship Business Support Fund
Nottingham Trent University is proud to be partnered with Santander Universities, who have provided funding support for universities across the globe with over £1 billion awarded to date.
About the fund
The Santander COVID-19 Hardship Business Support Fund will be awarded by NTU Enterprise to 30 NTU students and graduates (of up to three years) who have a business in its final stages of development or currently trading. Successful applicants will receive a one-off cash grant of £850 to directly support their business through the current COVID-19 crisis.
Applications are invited from Nottingham Trent University students and graduates who meet the following criteria:
- currently studying at NTU or have graduated no more than three years previously (this includes international graduates who have been awarded a UK start-up visa through NTU)
- have a business in the final stages of development or has commenced trading
- have started the business/self-employment a minimum of three months prior to the date of application
- have experienced a loss of income to their business as a direct result of COVID-19
- intend to continue the business/self-employment into 2021.
They also must:
- not be eligible or in receipt of the Government furlough scheme
- not be eligible for the government support for small businesses/the self-employed.
Successful applicants will be offered a one-on-one financial capability session from a member of NTU staff. Each applicant also agrees to be contacted by NTU Enterprise after their application is submitted. All applicants agree that both NTU Enterprise and Santander Universities may utilise their profile for marketing purposes in relation to the fund. Each applicant agrees to allow Santander Universities to contact them to discuss further potential business support.
How to apply
The fund will open from Friday 15 May 2020 with applications closing at midnight on Sunday 24 May 2020.
Applicants must complete an application form and return it to email@example.com before the deadline.
Completed application forms will be assessed and successful applicants will be notified at the earliest opportunity.
The application form is available for download here
Note: Applicants are required to provide;
- referee contact details
- their year of graduation or academic year (1st, 2nd etc)
- student or N number (if graduate only if possible).
Check your eligibility for government support for small businesses/the self-employed here
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any more information on how to apply.