Is your child considering their future? NTU Progression is a free programme of opportunities designed to help students in Years 12-13 access and succeed at university.
They might be unsure of what university is actually like, if it’s for them or how to prepare the best possible application. NTU Progression will help answer all their questions, and equip them with the confidence and skills they need to be a successful university student.
The scheme is making a real difference in improving outcomes for young people and was shortlisted by The Guardian University Awards for helping to support young people from under-represented groups progress to university (any university they choose, not just NTU).
NTU Progression members will gain:
- a taste of what it is like to study at university
- an understanding of the university application process
- support to help them improve their grades at school/college
- a chance to make new friends on the scheme
Opportunities on the scheme include:
- welcome evening
- student shadowing
- summer residential
- exclusive access to NTU's gym and study facilities
- social events
- university application support
Our support does not stop there. If students choose to study at NTU at the end of school or college, they’ll be offered support during their transition into first year as an undergraduate NTU student.
To be eligible for the scheme, applicants will need to be in Year 12 (or in Year 1 at college) and must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be studying a vocational course such as a BTEC (level 3) or NVQ
- Have had their studies disrupted by circumstances outside their control
- Have been eligible for Free School Meals at any time in last 6 years
- Be in receipt of the 16-19 bursary
- Have a disability
- Are in, or have been in, Local Authority Care
- Live in disadvantaged neighbourhoods (we can inform you if you have met this criterion)
Please note, priority will be given to applicants aged 19 or under at the time of application.
Applicants must also have achieved 5 A*-C (4-9) grades at GCSE level (or equivalent) including English and Maths. Applicants resitting or currently working towards these qualifications are eligible to apply.
How do students apply?
Students can apply for the NTU Progression scheme online.
To find out more, contact the Progression team at email@example.com or phone 0115 848 2817.