NTU - Your apprenticeship partner
We will provide ongoing, dedicated support for you and your apprentices when you partner with us. Here's a few reasons to choose us as your training provider.
Dedicated account managers
You’ll have access to a dedicated account manager who will help you navigate the complexities of apprenticeships so you can concentrate on your core business. We are one of the first universities to develop a dedicated team focused solely on the development and delivery of apprenticeships – and putting the employer first.
Our well-established team can offer you support and guidance on every aspect of creating a new apprenticeship opportunity – from recruitment and resources, to fees and funding. We offer free in-company assessments that ensure you find the right candidate to match your business needs.
Combining work with study
One of our dedicated account managers will work with you to find the best fit for your organisation. A range of study options provide the flexibility to select the best mode of study for you and your apprentice(s). Depending on the course, we offer distance learning, block study and day release.
Classes are offered in two formats:
- Open course groups – these are a mix of apprentices from multiple companies studying the same course with a set start date.
- Closed course groups – a more tailored offer, consisting of apprentices from one company with a start date suited to the employer. Typically, courses would need a minimum of fifteen apprentices.
Help with recruitment
We offer bespoke recruitment support allowing you to advertise your apprenticeship vacancy directly on our website, on Recruit an Apprentice, and on UCAS. Food apprenticeship vacancies are also advertised on Tasty Careers. We can also support your application processes by arranging jointly held interviews and assessment centres (either on or off campus), and will keep your informed of progress throughout the application process.
Our Meet the Employer annual event is an ideal opportunity for you to recruit new apprentices. Based on our campus, you can exhibit with other companies, showcasing your vacancies to Year 13 students and college leavers from across Nottinghamshire.
Quality not quantity
We know how to support the learning, development and progress of apprentices, and we help employers to support their learners. We have a long-standing reputation for delivering academic excellence while paying close attention to the success of our students, no matter their background.
Choosing NTU as your apprenticeship partner means you will be joining forces with a prestigious academic institution. We were awarded a Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) “Gold” rating by the government and the Times Higher Education Awards “University of the Year” prize in 2017. NTU was also named “Modern University of the Year” in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018 as well as “University of the Year 2019” at The Guardian University Awards.
These accolades recognise our strong student satisfaction ratings, high quality teaching, focus on student experience, and successful engagement and relationships with employers.
Grow your own
The “GRADS for D2N2” project – of which NTU is a partner – provides small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) across Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire with free, subsidised advice and guidance on how to plug skills gaps by employing graduates from across the region. The service is aimed at helping you build a successful business viayour workforce, whether through recruitment of apprentices or employing graduates for internships and placements.
Visit the Higher Skills section of our website to learn more about the programme.
- You can find further information on the gov.uk website: Employing an apprentice
- With a brand new bonus introduced for businesses to hire apprentices from August 2020 to January 2021, this means that employers could receive up to £3,000 for hiring an apprentice. Find out more.
- You can also contact our Apprenticeships team at email@example.com or on +44 (0)115 848 2589.
- Information for employers about how NTU works with delivery subcontractors.
- If you're an employer who currently has apprentices enrolled at NTU, and wish to submit a complaint, you can download our Employer Complaint Procedure.
Nottingham Trent University Apprenticeship Awards
After another exceptional year of providing higher and degree apprenticeships at NTU, we invite employers and apprentices alike to our annual event, celebrating the past years achievements and successes.