NTU Supplier Forum and Recognition Awards 2018
Our suppliers help our university to achieve its mission and values. In celebration of this, we hold the NTU Supplier Forum and Recognition Awards each year.
Supplier Recognition Awards 2018
Taking place on Wednesday 17 October 2018, our annual Supplier Forum and Recognition Awards is the perfect event to celebrate the efforts and achievements within the NTU supply chain. Supplier will also have a chance to hear from first hand from our Vice Chancellor about strategy, direction, values and important programmes.
The awards are free to enter and attend, and are open to all of our suppliers. Places are limited so ensure you register early to avoid disappointment.
See our 2017 winners here.
All initiatives for consideration as a NTU Supplier Awards submission must have a start date between 1 February 2017 to 31 August 2018. The start date can either be the contract start date or when the procurement process began.
This years' award categories are each linked to our SCoRE strategy.
Best contribution to student employability, capability and skills development
This award celebrates a supplier who supports our employability agenda in delivering meaningful opportunities for our students, helping them gain graduate level jobs when they leave us.
To be nominated, a supplier must have offered at least one placement/ graduate position and/ or have contributed towards the development of at least one NTU student through means such as (but not limited to): mentoring, guest lecturing, projects, internships, skills training, prizes, sponsorship, Thinkubator, UNITEMPS and Grad4Nottm.
Best contribution by a small or medium enterprise supplier
Open to Micro and Small businesses (employing fewer than 50 employees or their full time equivalent and with an annual turnover or balance sheet no greater than £10 million), or third sector organisations endorsed by a public or third sector client; or by a private sector client acting as a prime contractor.
Nominees must demonstrate (where applicable):
- The advantages you have brought to NTU through this work/ contract
- How has this work/ contract enabled you to grow your own business or capabilities
- Other ways you have engaged with NTU to develop business opportunities
Best contribution to improving value for money and the student experience
This award calls for entries that can demonstrate significant cost savings or that cost avoidance has been delivered as a direct result of this contract, project or initiative. The result must be agreed and recognised by NTU.
Nominees must explain (where applicable) how they have:
- Saved time and/ or money/ tuition fees for our students
- Reduced the total cost of ownership of a particular goods or service, enhanced performance/ KPIs
- Provided best value for (public) money
- Delivered benefits to NTU through working with other bodies e.g. consortia, CCS, other Universities or public sector organisations
Best application of new technology or innovation
This award is for a supplier who can demonstrate they have employed innovative new approaches, products, services or processes within the course of their business with the University to deliver tangible results. This will be something new and unique or a department from an existing method/ product.
Nominees must explain (where applicable) how they:
- Supplied an improved or better product/ service
- Worked with NTU to develop a bespoke product/ service
- Contributed to the NTU research agenda
Best contribution to social value and sustainability
This category encompasses social, ethical, environmental and sustainability issues. Judges will be looking for ways nominees have used resource efficiently, provided benefits for NTU students, staff or the local East Midlands economy, reduce waste or carbon emissions through our supply chains.
Nominees must demonstrate their company's positive contribution to social value and sustainability. Additional points will be awarded for:
- Having registered with NetPositives
- Sourcing from East Midlands suppliers
- Adhering to our Code of Conduct
- Carbon reduction initiatives
- Incorporating social value benefits in contracts and tender submissions
Supplier of the year 2018
This supplier will demonstrate going above and beyond our expectations to provide great customer service to help us achieve our strategic aims.
How to enter
Nominations should be up to 600 words and can be submitted here.
Companies who are shortlisted will be informed by Monday 1 October, and will be asked to submit a short video (using a free platform) summarising their nomination. The video will be viewed by delegates during the event at various times.
The following questions are to aid you in your nomination:
- Describe the project that your organisation has helped to deliver, the timelines involved and the reasons behind the project
- What aspect of the project were particularly ground-breaking or cutting-edge and how did this impact on the delivery of the project?
- What aspects of the project were the most challenging to overcome, and how has this been achieved?
- What were the expected outcomes of the project and what success has been achieved to date? Please provide evidence of specific targets, key milestones, feedback received and performance indicators, service levels or other measurable benefits achieved.
- How did the value and benefit of the project extended across the supply chain - including micro, SME and third sector businesses?
We have a small amount of sponsorship opportunities available to suppliers in two levels, providing a great opportunity to promote your business in our exhibition are. These are offered on a first come, first served basis.
Main Event Sponsor
- Five-minute presentation to all delegates
- Position in exhibition area
- Provision to supply marketing materials and company branded goods in the delegate packs
- Position in exhibition area
- Provision to supply marketing materials and branded goods in delegate packs
If you're interested in any of the sponsorship opportunities listed, please contact the NTU procurement team at firstname.lastname@example.org.