All requests for work from DMCS have to come through a marketing contact. You should contact a member of the central marketing team or your School marketing manager.
Marketing staff will need to complete a brief detailing the work required and you must attach this to the request. The type of brief you raise will depend on the nature of the request you have. All requests must be emailed to us.
Once you have submitted your request, check its status by going to the support website and selecting 'check your tickets'.
- Digital asset
- Email template
- Short URL
- Staff Profile
- Tracked URL
- Web (For old Rhythmyx sites please refer to our Operational-Level Agreement)
When to use
- Use one of these briefs if there is only one output (web update / photography / social etc.) and the work is small.
- This process helps ensures the relevant department see what is required of them at the start and can respond quickly. It also allows us to produce reports on the number of the different types of request we get
- Image and text updates on web, blogs, social media posts / uploads, digital assets,
Estimated delivery time from date of brief: five working days.
When to use
- Use this brief if you just need a reprint and please answer the questions within the form explaining why we are doing this.
- This process helps ensures the relevant departments see what is required of them at the start and can respond quickly.
Estimated delivery time from date of brief: 2-4 weeks.
When to use
Use this brief if
- you are submitting a new or redesign print job (ensure you complete and submit the print and copy sections)
- you are submitting a single or multichannel piece of work and you know what you want your outputs to be (web / video / social etc or a combination of these)
- it is something that requires creation / redesign / significant changes update
- it is more than half a day's work.
You can also use this brief for a larger piece of work that would be considered as a new project eg:
- a brand new concept and opportunity to think differently
- you would like dmt to guide you on best channels to deliver your objectives
The brief requester is responsible for submitting and arranging a kick-off meeting with DMT to review, resulting in amendments as appropriate, before finalising the brief and relevant outputs
- This process helps ensures the relevant department see what is required of them at the start.It also allows us to produce reports on the number of the different types of request we get
- Any new or redesign print job with significant updates
- Campaign website, Social media campaign, Student profile videos
- Multichannel campaign eg NTU Strategy
Estimated delivery time from date of brief: 8 weeks. 3 to 4 months would be required to deliver any new projects
Work turnaround times
Type of request Turnaround time from date of briefing Examples New or redesign print job 8 weeks (any work required from editorial team included in this too) Analytics 4 weeks A multichannel campaign report (e.g. NSS) requiring interpretation and interrogation of data, or a complex piece of analysis (multiple audiences, KPIs, multiple pages or multiple questions, e.g. virtual open day) Copy 4 weeks Web 8 weeks Exact target email template 4 weeks HTML email template 4 weeks Photography 4 weeks Short URL 2 weeks Social 6 weeks A social media campaign or initiative requiring planning (e.g. paid social ads, open day support); or a multichannel campaign requiring social media outputs and collaboration (e.g. NSS); or a request for a new social account or a review of an existing account. Tracked URL 2 weeks Video 6-12 weeks (internally produced)
12+ weeks (agency produced)
The turnaround times for video can vary a lot depending on whether this is an in-house social media content request, or a more substantial video for a specific marketing campaign created by our agencies. An agency video can typically take a minimum of 12 weeks due to the detailed planning that is required. Digital asset 4 weeks
Type of request Turnaround time Examples Analytics report 1 week A single web page or social media post report (e.g. news story) or a request for a single piece of information or KPI (e.g. what % of my web page views are mobile, how much traffic did my short URL generate) Copy 2 weeks Web 8 weeks Exact Target email template 4 weeks HTML email template 4 weeks Matrix permissions 2 weeks Photography 2 weeks Reprint 6 weeks or 3 weeks for straight reprint Short URL 2 weeks Social 1 week A single social post, social upload or technical query. Tracked URL 2 weeks Video upload 4 days Digital asset 4 weeks