Not sure what to expect on the day? Don't worry - you'll be guided by staff on the day to make sure you're where you need to be.
Graduands are advised to be on Clifton Campus at least two hours before the ceremony start time. This will allow sufficient time for you to collect your gown and for photographs to be taken. Please note, to ensure the ceremonies start on time, the student registration desks in the Pavilion will be closed 45 minutes before the start of the ceremony. Unfortunately, late attendees cannot be assured admittance.
- University staff and dignitaries process on to the stage / into the graduation hall.
- A welcome speech will be read by a member of the University Executive Team.
- Student names are read out and the graduands proceed across the stage to receive their certificate.
- At some ceremonies, an award will be made to an Honorary Graduate of the University.
- A graduate proposes a short vote of thanks.
- There will be an address to students and graduates. The member of University staff that gives this depends on the ceremony.
- The platform party exits, followed by students and guests.
The ceremony takes approximately one and a half hours. Graduation hats should be worn on stage, and at the beginning and end of the ceremony. Visitors can take photographs, but are asked to stay seated throughout the proceedings.
Your ceremony will be recorded and available online within a few weeks of the ceremony's conclusion. You will be able to view this online and also download without charge.