On 20 March 2020 the government announced a package to support employers and employees. This included the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, more commonly known as, furlough leave. Employers can apply to HMRC for a grant that ensures employees, who are not working but put on 'furlough', continue to receive 80% of their salary (up to a cap of £2,500).
In light of the current Covid-19 crisis, we have prepared a frequently asked questions guide and some example template documents regarding furlough leave. These documents may change as we get further detail about how exactly furlough leave will work.
- Frequently asked questions as per 30 March 2020
- Template letter for employee to request to be placed on furlough leave
- Appeal against being made redundant after 20.03.20 instead of furloughed
- Appeal against dismissal on health and safety grounds
- Appeal if made redundant before furlough announcement on 20 March 2020
- Furlough employee email template
- Request to be re-hired having left employment on or after 28 February 2020
- On PAYE Payroll by 19 March 2020
- Links to useful sites
These documents are free for you to use and amend to your needs.
If you are a student experiencing any housing issues related to the Covid-19 situation or have any queries about housing, you might find some useful information on the Students’ Union website.
Please note, the material contained on this website is for general information purposes and must not be used as, or relied upon, as substitute for legal advice. No solicitor-client or lawyer-client relationship shall arise through your use of the NLS Legal Advice Centre website or any website which may be linked to it.
Additionally, the Nottingham Trent University terms of website use, found here, also apply to the pages relating to NLS Legal Advice Centre.