Seedcorn Fund applications 2021/22
Here you can find more information on the Seedcorn Fund process including eligibility, upcoming applications rounds and what support will be available for potential applicants.
Applications for Seedcorn Fund to take place in 2021/22
The Seedcorn Fund scheme is now open for applications for projects to take place in 2021/22.
What Seedcorn Funds are available?
Up to ten awards are offered each academic year across two rounds.
The Seedcorn Fund provides colleagues with an award of up to £450 for small-scale projects on a competitive basis. Projects can be the inception stage of a potentially bigger project or the award can assist with existing Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) projects.
What is the application process?
Visit the TILT SharePoint site to download the guidance and application form and to submit your application online.
There are two application rounds in 2021/22 with the following deadlines:
- Round One - 5pm on Wednesday 3rd November 2021
- Round Two - 5pm on Wednesday 9th March 2022.
What support is available?
1-2-1 sessions are available for colleagues who would like to discuss their ides and / or a draft of their application. To arrange a time please contact TILT.
Eligibility to Apply
- Members of NTU Academic and Professional Services staff are eligible to apply.
- Line managers must support the application. In instances of joint or team applications, the line manager of each team member must support the application.
- Lead applicants are expected to hold or be demonstrably working towards Fellowship Higher Education Academy status. Co-applicants are not required to hold or be working towards Fellowship of Higher Education Academy status.
Engagement with the Seedcorn Fund and other TILT schemes, awards and activities can form part of a portfolio of evidence for HEA Fellowship submissions. More information about the support and workshops available to assist staff with your Fellowship application are available at NTU TILT Professional Recognition Scheme.