Your voice has influenced change. Take a look at the improvements we've made as a result of your feedback.
- We now have Employability Online, where you can find all of our online services, advisors, event links, opportunities, videos and support resources on one, easy-to-use site.
- We source and promote hundreds of paid part-time jobs on NTU’s JobShop, our dedicated site for NTU students. Besides jobs with local employers, bars, restaurants and more, we now also feature many roles here at NTU.
- Besides doubling the number of employers at our recruitment fairs and increasing the variety of industries represented, we now also now offer the Recruiter Insights Live series of events with high profile recruiting employers.
- The Employability Team have reviewed their CV advice and sought feedback from employers. As a result we have introduced new CV guidelines and a CV resource pack – available on all NOW Employability Resource Rooms – and there is also our CV Builder, toolkit, templates and employer advice on Employability Online.
- We now hold a Brackenhurst Jobs Fair enabling ARES students to speak directly to employers in their chosen sector for placements and graduate roles. All NTU Jobs Fairs (like the Science & Technology Fair) are also open to all students and feature wide-ranging employers and roles.
- We now offer a Science and Technology Recruitment Fair, the ‘Women in STEM’ event and the Brackenhurst Jobs Fair that hosts science sector employers.
- We now provide school-tailored NOW Employability job feeds, and FutureHub also recommends jobs tailored to your course, preferences, searches and other criteria. We've created Employability Twitter accounts for each school in the University to tailor information to the areas you are interested in, and students can tweet in questions about employability without having to visit the Employability Centres.
- Employability’s new 'Steps to Success' workshop series offers a range of sessions on recruitment and selection practices, including CV Masterclasses. We also bring employers on to campuses for our ‘Recruiter Insight Live’ and ‘eNGage’ events.
- The Hive (NTU's Centre for Entrepreneurship and Enterprise) has a learning room on NOW where all its support materials can now to be found.
- The Hive is working with local outlets to offer opportunities for Hive supported businesses to test trade, including organising pop up shops.
- We've created a number of videos featuring NTU students, showcasing the opportunities available to you while at NTU.
- We work with employers and departments at NTU to provide over a hundred paid roles for our recent graduates to experience working on real, live projects. These enable students to make valuable industry contacts, develop their skills and they act as valuable stepping stone into the labour market.
- In 2017 NTSU organised a Dragon’s Den panel for student entrepreneurs to pitch business ideas with the opportunity to receive investment capital.