Your voice has influenced change. Take a look at the improvements we've made as a result of your feedback.
- The Global Lounge is now open until 7 pm from Mondays to Thursdays and is working on providing additional evening events. Keep an eye on the Global Lounge events page.
- In 2017/18 more travel scholarships were made available. If you're considering studying, working, or volunteering abroad in Europe, you may be entitled to £250, or for outside Europe, £500. All students are able to apply for these scholarships.
- To make it easier for you to find out about international opportunities, we've improved our Study Abroad webpage and developed regular Global Opportunities eNewsletters. Our Global Lounges at City and Clifton Campuses also have plenty of resources for you to use, and knowledgeable staff to speak to.
- To make it easier for you to apply to study abroad, we've created new pages where you can search the opportunities available to you, apply online and get all the relevant information.
- We've added the list of weekly events that take place at Clifton Campus to the Global Lounge website. Plus, both our Global Opportunities Showcase and Global Week will have an even bigger and better presence at Clifton and Brackenhurst this year.
- We now run weekly Language Cafe events at City Campus and Clifton Campus and have re-launched the Language in Tandem programme for students to practise languages with peers. There are also English Conversation Hours in place to practise English for those students who would like to improve their skills. We also have language resources in the Global Lounges. Find out more.
- Global Lounge now sends termly eNewsletters to all students, providing information on international opportunities on and off campus.
- We've created three new international work experience roles that you can apply for that are all recognised on your HEAR: Global Lounge Assistant, Global Week and Language Café volunteer, and Global Summer School Student Buddy. Look out for the Global eNewsletter or keep an eye on Futurehub for more information on these opportunities.
- Over the summer we redecorated the City Campus Global Lounge, making it more vibrant and welcoming.
- Last year NTSU ran a Global Student competition, offering the chance to win prizes ranging from study abroad bursaries to summer school opportunities in Europe, China and India.