School of Social Sciences
Your voice has influenced change. Take a look at the improvements we've made in your school as a result of your feedback.
- Assessments in Year One now have less group work and more individual written work.
- We provide exchange schemes and international case studies.
- We regularly invite professionals to come and talk to you, or to set you real-life challenges and scenarios.
- We hold guest lectures on a variety of topics and we constantly increase the number of external partners that we work with, so you can learn directly from experts.
- We've set up a drop-in careers clinic on Tuesdays from 10 am to 12 pm in the Chaucer building. We also offer drop-in careers workshops on subjects such as application forms and interview techniques. Find out more from your Employability Team.
- Through our Succeed with Social Sciences employability programme, you have the chance to take part in even more employability sessions and opportunities, such as workshops focused on specific career routes and mentoring schemes.
- We've set up an Equality and Diversity Group as part of our Student Parliament.
- We run the Alternative Curriculum Events (ACE) Week, where you can shape your week's studies by attending events run by a number of subjects.