School of Social Sciences
Your voice has influenced change. Take a look at the improvements we've made in your school as a result of your feedback.
- We've changed assessments in Year One so that you have less group work and more individual written work, while still giving you the opportunity to feel part of a learning community.
- We've designed the Social Sciences reception area so it has plenty of space for you to meet up with your tutors.
- We now provide exchange schemes and international case studies.
- We've added lots of new work experience opportunities to our courses, such as work-based learning and work placements.
- We regularly invite professionals to come and talk to you, or to set you real-life challenges and scenarios as part of Service Learning and Professional Practice modules. We've also had guest lectures on a variety of topics and we're constantly increasing the number of external partners that we work with, so you can learn directly from experts.
- We've set up a drop-in careers clinic on Tuesdays from 10 am to 12 pm in the Chaucer building. We also offer drop-in careers workshops on subjects such as application forms and interview techniques. Find out more from your Employability Team.
- Through our improved Succeed with Social Sciences employability programme, you have the chance to take part in even more employability sessions and opportunities, such as workshops focused on specific career routes and mentoring schemes.
- We've set up an Equality and Diversity Group as part of our Student Parliament.
- We've set up an Undergraduate Assessment Hub to provide more guidance on assessments.
- We run the Alternative Curriculum Events (ACE) Week, where you can shape your week's studies by attending events run by a number of subjects.