Sorting your finance
The content below applies to full-time UK home undergraduate students only.
The action you need to take now to sort out your funding depends on whether you have already submitted your student finance application form to your national student finance service (details below).
Advice on fees and funding for International students can be found on our scholarships and funding pages.
I've already applied for student finance
This applies if you have already applied for student finance but:
- will now be studying a different course, and / or
- will now be attending a different university from the one you originally declared on your application form.
- If you applied to Student Finance England, log on to your student finance account and update your university / course details.
- Select ”Your details” from the menu and follow the prompts to change your course and / or university details.
- Make sure you submit your change of circumstances as soon as possible. If you don’t, you may not be able to complete your enrolment, which will result in a delay in releasing your loan payment. In addition, NTU won’t be able to assess your eligibility for our NTU bursary scheme.
- If you are from Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, you will need to contact your student finance service (details below), to advise them of your change of course / university.
If you originally applied to your national student finance service by the stated deadline, your student finance should still be in place for the start of term, provided you update your student finance account to reflect your course / university details promptly.
I haven’t applied for student finance
If you haven't applied for your student finance, you should do so as soon as possible. You can apply for a tuition fee loan, maintenance loan and NTU Bursary online in one application.
Go to your national student finance service website and follow the appropriate links.
Applying at this late stage is likely to delay your student finance at the start of the academic year, so you are advised to have some money available to cover your expenses for the first few weeks. Our Student Financial Support Service can help if you experience prolonged funding delays.
If you have any queries regarding your student finance application – including questions about online applications – contact your National Student Finance Service:
Student Finance England
0300 100 0607
Student Finance Wales
0300 200 4050
Student Finance Northern Ireland
0300 100 0077
Student Awards Agency for Scotland
0300 555 0505
For general information about fees, funding and the support available at NTU, visit our Fees and Funding pages.
If you're applying to NTU through Clearing or Adjustment, our Guide to Fees and Student Finance contains full information about fees and funding.