How to prepare for your Clearing call
If you need help with your application, give us a call on +44 (0)115 848 6000 to speak to a member of our team.
Clearing hotline opening times
You can call the Clearing hotline between 9 am - 5 pm Monday to Thursday and 9 am - 4 pm on Friday.
How to prepare for your call
- Use our course search to see what vacancies may be available. You will need to call us to find out the latest availability.
- Think calmly about your options and make an informed decision about which universities to call. Have a pen and paper to hand to take notes as you go.
- Make sure you have all your results to hand – including your GCSE results or equivalent – as we will need these to match you against our course entry requirements.
- Get all your UCAS documents together, including your UCAS number and your Clearing number.
Who will you be talking to?
- Our Clearing and Adjustment call centre is operated by a team of NTU staff.
- We'll work with you to try and find a suitable course, based on your results.
- You'll be asked a series of questions to find out more about your results and experience.
It's important that you call us yourself. We can’t discuss your application with a parent or teacher, as to do so is a breach of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
You may be invited to an interview by phone or skype/zoom, asked to provide a portfolio of work, or talk to a tutor. This won't happen as soon as you call our hotline; you'll be given warning and have time to prepare.
What to do after the call
- If you're made a verbal offer over the phone, we'll follow this up with an email detailing the offer you've been made and how to respond via UCAS.
- Research the course in greater detail before responding to your offer. You may receive multiple offers through the Clearing and Adjustment process, and it's important that you make the choice that's right for you.
What to do if you get upset on the call
Don’t worry if you’re feeling anxious or upset; our team understand how frustrating and confusing the Clearing experience can be.
- Take deep breaths, speak slowly and carefully, and listen to what the operator is telling you.
- Clearing isn’t a race – there are plenty of university spaces up and down the country, and Clearing is an opportunity to find the right one for you.
Further information on Clearing
If you need help with your application, give us a call on +44 (0)115 848 6000 with your query.
NTU’s UCAS institution code name is NOTRE and the UCAS institution code is N91.