How to make your Clearing call
Our Admissions team will get you ready to make your Clearing call.
Clearing hotline opening times
If you need help with your Clearing application, give us a call on +44 (0)115 848 6000 to speak to a member of our team.
Opening times from 5 July 2019
If you already have your results, call the Clearing hotline between 9 am–5 pm Monday to Thursday and 9 am–4 pm on Friday.
Opening times from 15 August 2019
Our hotline opening times will be extended from A Level results day on Thursday 15 August.
|Monday 12 August–Wednesday 14 August||9 am–5 pm|
|Thursday 15 August (A Level results day)||7 am–8 pm|
|Friday 16 August||7 am–7 pm|
|Saturday 17 August||9 am–5 pm|
|Sunday 18 August||9 am–2 pm|
|Monday 19 August–Friday 23 August||9 am–5 pm|
|Saturday 23 August–Monday 26 August||CLOSED|
|Tuesday 27 August–Thursday 29 August||9 am–5 pm|
|Friday 30 August||9 am–4 pm|
How to prepare for your call
- Use our course search to see which vacancies may be available. You will need to call us to find out the latest availability
- Think calmly about your options and make an informed decision about which universities to call. Have a pen and paper to hand to take notes as you go.
- Make sure you have all your results to hand – including your GCSE results or equivalent – as we will need these to match you against our course entry requirements.
- Get all your UCAS documents together, including your UCAS number and your Clearing number.
Who will you be talking to?
- Our Clearing and Adjustment call centre is operated by a team of NTU staff.
- We'll work with you to try and find a suitable course, based on your results.
- You'll be asked a series of questions to find out more about your results and experience.
It's important that you call us yourself. We can’t discuss your application with a parent or teacher, as to do so is a breach of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
You may be invited to an interview, asked to provide a portfolio of work, or talk to a tutor. This won't happen as soon as you call our hotline; you'll be given warning and have time to prepare.
What to do after the call
- If you're made a verbal offer over the phone, we'll follow this up with an email detailing the offer you've been made and how to respond via UCAS.
- Research the course in greater detail before responding to your offer. You may receive multiple offers through the Clearing and Adjustment process, and it's important that you make the choice that's right for you.
What to do if you get upset on the call
Don’t worry if you’re feeling anxious or upset; our team understand how frustrating and confusing the Clearing experience can be.
- Take deep breaths, speak slowly and carefully, and listen to what the operator is telling you.
- Clearing isn’t a race – there are plenty of university spaces up and down the country, and Clearing is an opportunity to find the right one for you.
Stay up to date
Sign up for Clearing updates and alerts and we’ll send you hints and tips on Clearing and our course options. You can also request a priority call from our Admissions team to discuss your options.
Further information on Clearing
NTU’s UCAS institution code name is NOTRE and the UCAS institution code is N91.