Sorting your finance
Been offered a place through Clearing or Adjustment at Nottingham Trent University? Find out all about sorting your student finances, including loans, bursaries, and how to apply.
How to sort out your student finance
The content below applies to full-time UK home undergraduate students only.
The action you need to take now to sort out your funding depends on whether you have already submitted your student finance application form to your National Student Finance Service.
I've already applied for student finance
This applies if you have already applied for student finance but:
- you will now be following a different course of study, and/or
- you will now be attending a different university from the one you originally declared on your application form.
- If you applied to Student Finance England, you can log on to your student finance account and update your university/course details online.
- You will need to select ‘Your details’ from the top menu and follow the prompts to change your course and/or university details.
- It is extremely important that you submit your change of circumstances promptly. Unless you do so, you may not be able to complete your enrolment, which will result in a delay in releasing your loan payment. In addition, NTU won’t be able to assess your eligibility for our NTU bursary scheme.
- If you are from Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, you will need to contact your Student Finance Service (details below), to advise them of your change of course/university.
If you originally applied to your National Student Finance Service by the stated deadline, your student finance should still be in place for the start of term, provided you update your student finance account to reflect your course/university details promptly.
I’ve not yet applied for student finance
If you haven't yet applied for your student finance, you should do this as soon as possible. You can apply for a tuition fee loan, maintenance loan, and NTU Bursary online in one single application.
Go to your National Student Finance Service website and follow the appropriate links.
Please note that applying at this late stage is likely to delay your student finance at the start of the academic year, so you are advised to have some money available to cover your expenses for the first few weeks. Our Student Financial Support Service can offer advice if you experience prolonged funding delays.
If you have any queries regarding your student finance application, including questions about online applications, you can contact your National Student Finance Service:
Student Finance England
0300 100 0607
Student Finance Wales
0300 200 4050
Student Finance Northern Ireland
0300 100 0077
Student Awards Agency for Scotland
0300 555 0505
For general information about the fees, funding and the support available at NTU, visit our Fees and Funding pages.
If you're applying to NTU through Clearing or Adjustment, our Guide to Fees and Student Finance contains full information about fees and funding.