AutoCAD 2D for the Construction Professional - funded course
- Level(s) of Study: Professional / Short course
Available at no cost to eligible individuals (see criteria below).*
- Start Date(s): 19 April 2023 - 21 June 2023, Wednesdays 5.30 pm - 8 pm for ten weeks
- Duration: year(s)
- Study Mode(s): Short course
- Campus: City Campus
Please note: This course is delivered through the Reskill & Recover project, which is part funded by the European Social Fund. Nottingham Trent University (NTU) is pleased to offer free (fully funded) places on this course to support employees of small and medium businesses that are based in Nottinghamshire or Derbyshire.
The ability to read, develop and interpret construction drawings is a fundamental skill for anyone involved in the construction industry.
On this course you’ll learn how to effectively communicate design ideas and develop the key principles of graphical communication using industry-standard AutoCAD software.
What you’ll study
Starting with hand-drafting techniques, you’ll learn how engineering drawings and associated projections are constructed.
You’ll then use AutoCAD to produce, develop, amend and interrogate these drawings.
Teaching and learning will take place using a flexible programme of workshops, demonstrations, seminar groups and tutorials. It will enable you to increase your level of project engagement and productivity.
This course will be delivered via a combination of classroom sessions on the NTU City Campus and online sessions.
During this course you will:
- complete sketching and hand-drawing exercises
- practise visualisation skills including isometric and orthographic projections
- produce industry-standard 2D drawings using AutoCAD
- learn about file management, drawing commands, line types, accuracy and scaling
- use layers, templates, title blocks and coordinate systems
- work in a variety of different views using plans, elevations and cross sections
- make annotations and hatchings
- create plot files and print drawings to scale.
As a result of completing the course, you will be able to demonstrate:
- be able to navigate the core components of the AutoCAD 2D platform
- be confident in setting up drawing templates, developing and manage engineering drawings, creating plot files and associated drawing files
- have produced a range of hand drawn civil engineering details, working with different projections and views
- created accurate construction drawings using AutoCAD
- be able to communicate clearly in graphical format
- be able to demonstrate a range of transferable skills that be will valuable in the workplace.
What you’ll gain:
You will receive a CPD certificate upon successful completion of the course and if the assessment is successfully completed, the course provides 5 NTU undergraduate-level credits.
To be eligible to apply for a place on this course you must be employed by a small or medium business (under 250 employees) in Nottinghamshire or Derbyshire.
No previous qualifications or experience is needed to access this course.
If you have any queries about this course, please email: email@example.com.
If this course is of interest but you or your company do not meet the eligibility criteria for a funded place, please contact us to find out about dates for other occurrences.