Negotiation - Let's Do It!
- Level(s) of Study: Short course
- Start Date(s): Thursday 31 March 2022 (12:30 - 14:30) / Thursday 23 June 2022 (12:30 - 14:30)
- Duration: 2 hours
- Study Mode(s): Distance learning
This course is designed for practising solicitors, legal executives and paralegals, whether their focus is on contentious or non-contentious work.
How you’re taught
- This is an experiential learning short-course in which delegates learn by doing. It involves active participation in a case study and collaboration with other delegates, working in small groups. The course is designed to focus on the practical experience of negotiating so, after a brief introductory talk, delegates will move into small groups to briefly plan a strategy with each other. They will then stay in those small groups to negotiate with other delegates representing a different party. The course concludes with a reflection session in which delegates determine how their experience will impact on future learning and practice.
- Running over two hours, the course is intended to be an introduction or refresher to negotiation practice.
- This course is designed for practising solicitors, legal executives and paralegals, whether their focus is on contentious or non-contentious work.
- Delegates may also wish to complete the linked short course "Negotiation - Planning and Implementing a Successful Strategy", although this is not necessary or required.