Sub-Saharan Africa Scholarships
We offer a range of prestigious and competitive scholarships to African students. You'll find details of the awards plus terms and conditions on this page.
Sub-Saharan Africa Sibling Loyalty Reward
You may be eligible to a one-off 25% fee reduction for the first year of your studies at NTU if:
- you and your sibling are thinking of studying at NTU, or
- you have a sibling who is already studying here, or
- you have a sibling who has graduated from NTU within the last 5 years
To be considered for this reward, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org with copies of your and your sibling’s birth certificates and both of your NTU ID numbers.
Terms and Conditions
- You must be permanently domiciled in a sub-Saharan African country* to be eligible for this reward.
- You must have an offer to study a full time undergraduate (Bachelors) or taught postgraduate (Masters) course at Nottingham Trent University (NTU), excluding professional courses such as BTC, LPC, MBA, DBA and distance learning courses.
- You must be a self-financing (not sponsored) student and be classed as ‘overseas’ for tuition fee purposes.
- The reward is given for your first year of study only.
- Your tuition fee cannot have additional reductions through another arrangement or scheme such as a corporate contract.
- If you are awarded any other scholarship, bursary and / or tuition fee reduction from NTU you will only be eligible for the higher award (except for candidates who are awarded a Sport Scholarship).
- If you are a Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC) student you are not eligible for this reward. Please visit www.ntu.ac.uk/ntic for details of funding for NTIC students.
- If you are successful in getting this reward, your tuition fee will be adjusted before you enrol.
- All decisions on eligibility for this reward are at the University's discretion and all decisions are final.
- If you are a recipient of this reward, we may ask you to appear in online and/or printed university marketing materials. For example, providing a student profile and photograph which may be used to promote the University and the scheme.
- To be considered for this reward, you must email email@example.com with copies of your and your sibling’s birth certificates and both of your NTU ID numbers.
*Angola; Benin; Botswana; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cameroon; Cape Verde; Central African Republic; Chad; Comoros; Republic of the Congo; Congo (Democratic Republic); Côte d'Ivoire; Djibouti; Equatorial Guinea; Eritrea; Ethiopia; Gabon; The Gambia; Ghana; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Kenya; Lesotho; Liberia; Madagascar; Malawi; Mali; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mozambique; Namibia; Niger; Nigeria; Réunion; Rwanda; Sao Tome and Principe; Senegal; Seychelles; Sierra Leone; Somalia; South Africa; Sudan; Swaziland; Tanzania; Togo; Uganda; Western Sahara; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
Tinotenda and Martin Matienga are brothers from Zimbabwe. Find out more about their experiences studying at NTU.
LLM Sub-Saharan Africa Scholarship
Nottingham Law School (NLS) is pleased to offer one competitive scholarship up to a value of half your tuition fee.
We welcome applications from students from Ghana who are holding an offer to study on a NLS full-time LLM Masters programme (not including LPC/BTC).
The scholarship will be awarded to the candidate who most closely meets the criteria for the award.
Find out more information about our deadlines and how to apply below.