International Scholarships Application Form
Applying for your international scholarship is simple.
Just complete the online application form on this page and we'll assess you for all scholarships open to you.
You must have an offer to study a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate course at NTU (including Confetti courses) before applying for a scholarship.
This scholarship scheme is competitive and we award scholarships to applicants who most closely meet or exceed the criteria for the award.
The scholarship decision is made by an awarding committee and all decisions of the awarding committee are final.
To be eligible for an NTU International Scholarship award, you must:
- Have an offer of a place on an eligible undergraduate or postgraduate course (including Confetti courses) at Nottingham Trent University.
- Be classed as an overseas student for tuition fee purposes (‘international student’). Please visit ntu.ac.uk/scholarships for information on scholarships for UK students.
- Be due to enrol on the first year of a new course of study (or year 2 or 3 of an undergraduate course in the case of advanced entry) in September 2023, or January 2024. International students enrolled before January 2023 and due to progress onto the second, third or fourth year of their course of study in September 2023 or January 2024, or repeating the first year of study, are not eligible to apply.
Terms and Conditions for International Scholarships
- Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC) progression students are not eligible to apply for an NTU International Scholarship award.
- International students who receive sponsorship (your tuition fees are being paid by an employer, government, or funding body in full or in part) are not eligible to apply for an International Scholarship.
- If you are studying at an institution that has a partnership agreement with NTU you are eligible for either an NTU International Scholarship award (if your scholarship application is successful) or the Partner Progression Discount (the higher amount would be deducted from your tuition fees).
- If you are awarded a Scholarship by an external body, you can only be awarded an NTU International Scholarship award if the total combined amount of both awards is not higher than 50% of your first year’s tuition fees. Please check the Terms and Conditions of the external award to make sure any award from NTU would not impact your external award.
- Applicants may only apply for an NTU International Scholarship award once per academic year per offer of a place on a qualifying course.
- Applications received after 16:00 GMT (4 pm) on each deadline will automatically be considered for the next available deadline. For example, application forms submitted after the first deadline and before the second deadline, will be considered for the second deadline.
- Applications received after the final deadline will not be considered.
- This application form is for eligible undergraduate and postgraduate taught courses only. Please do not use this form to apply for research funding.
- If you are awarded any other scholarship, bursary and / or tuition fee reduction from NTU you will only be eligible for the higher award (except for candidates who are awarded a Sport Scholarship or if you are eligible for the Alumni discount and the combined awards are not higher than 50% of your first year’s tuition fees).
- If you receive an award for each year of study, the award will be deducted from your tuition fee at the start of each year. You must successfully complete each year of the course to continue to receive this. Scholarships are not applied when a placement year is undertaken but will resume for your final year of study.
- NTU Scholarship awards are not transferable and will not be awarded if you choose to transfer to a different course of study at NTU or if you defer your entry to the following academic year.
- Applicants will be informed whether they have (or have not) been awarded an NTU International Scholarship award (and of the value of the scholarship award if they have been awarded) within five weeks of the application deadline.
- The scholarship will be applied to your tuition fee when you accept your scholarship offer, accept and meet the conditions of your course offer and you are eligible to enrol on your course.
- Scholarships are competitive and selection is based on the information provided on the scholarship application form. It is particularly important that you give your scholarship statement careful thought and preparation, and that you refer to the criteria provided.
- If applying for the High Achievers Award, you must be able to provide a graded transcript in order to evidence that you meet the criteria of the High Achievers award.
- If your scholarship application is successful and you enrol at NTU, we may ask you to become a student ambassador, or to appear in online and / or printed marketing materials for NTU. For example, providing a student profile and a photograph which may be used to promote NTU and NTU’s scholarship schemes and courses. Your name and course may be printed in any Scholarships Awards event materials. If you do not wish us to use your data in this manner, please notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you fail to complete your course and choose to retake the course or undertake another eligible course, any scholarship you were originally awarded will not be applicable.
- If you fail to complete your course and the scholarship was not applied (i.e., you did not pay the tuition fees, or the tuition fees were reimbursed) and you choose to retake the course or undertake another eligible course you may re-apply for a scholarship provided you still meet the eligibility criteria. Consideration of any new scholarship application will be in accordance with the stated criteria and there is no guarantee that the application will be successful.
- If you withdraw from your course while owing a proportion of your tuition fees to NTU, application of the scholarship shall be at the discretion of NTU, and the scholarship may be withdrawn.
- Eligible postgraduate Masters courses are Master level awards (full-time and part-time only). Excluded courses: LLM BTC, LLM LPC (full-time, part-time, distance learning), LLM (distance learning), MSc Human Resource Management (part-time), MA Social Work, MA Advanced Social Work Practice, MSc Biomedical Science (flexible learning), SQE courses. If any queries please contact email@example.com to confirm whether your course is eligible for the scheme. NTU reserve the right to exclude other courses at their discretion.
- NTU may close International Scholarship award applications to individual courses at any time.
- NTU’s decision in all matters relating to the scholarship is final.