Other funding

You’ll find information on EU tuition fee loans and other external scholarships and funding to study in the UK on this page. If you need any advice please contact us.

Tuition fee loans and other funding for EU students

You'll find information on tuition fee loans and other funding opportunities for EU students below.

The UK government has confirmed that tuition fee loans for EU students will be available for 2019 and 2020 entry.

If you have questions about how the UK's departure from the EU may affect your studies please read our International Student Support web pages for the most up-to-date information.

  • Undergraduate funding

    Eligible EU students can apply for a loan from the UK Government to help with tuition fee costs.

    EU students who have been living permanently in the UK for at least five years prior to the start of their course may also be able to apply for a loan to help towards living costs.

    The UK Government has confirmed that loans will be available to EU students starting a course in 2019 or 2020.

    Some help may be available from your home education authority so we advise you to approach them directly.

  • Postgraduate funding

    The UK Government has a postgraduate loan scheme for eligible students starting in 2019 or 2020. You can borrow up to £10,906 (2019 entry) or £11,222 (2020 entry) for the purpose of completing an eligible postgraduate Masters qualification.

  • Other funding for EU students

    A variety of external organisations including governmental agencies, charities and industry also offer funding opportunities for EU postgraduate students. Further information is available from:

    If you have questions about the results of the recent EU referendum and how this may affect funding opportunities please read our EU Referendum FAQs for the most up-to-date information.

  • Erasmus + Masters loan (France and Spain)

    If you're from France or Spain (or if you're an EU student resident in France or Spain) you can apply for a tuition fee loan to help with tuition fee costs for postgraduate studies.

    A loan of up to €12,000 is available for a one-year Masters degree and a maximum of €18,000 for a two-year Masters degree. You can apply directly with BPCE in France or Microbank in Spain. The decision to award a loan depends on the bank concerned.

    Eligibility depends on factors such as where you live, your course, where you are studying, and whether you've studied a higher education course before. If you've already received an Erasmus grant during your first degree you can still apply for an Erasmus+ Master Loan.

    Visit the Erasmus website for more information on the Erasmus + Master loan scheme

External scholarships and funding to study at NTU

There are a few other scholarships and sources of funding available for international students planning to study in the UK, Chevening scholarships for example.

You can also get advice and information on the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) website.

  • DIKTI Scholarships and NTU Indonesia-UK

    These scholarships are open to lecturers at Indonesian universities and administrative staff at DIKTI and Indonesian state universities. All academic subjects are eligible for funding under the DIKTI programme.

    Please contact us to tell us that you are a DIKTI scholar when you make your application for a PhD or Masters course at NTU. If your application is successful, you can then apply for the DIKTI funding.

    Find out more about  Indonesia-UK DIKTI Scholarships

  • Global Study Awards

    Awards available to study in the UK through the ISIC Association, StudyPortals and British Council IELTS partnership.

    Visit the StudyPortals website for more information on Global Study Awards

  • Commonwealth Scholarships

    We take part in the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship scheme every year.

    This is a scholarship scheme organised and administered by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC).

    Scholarships are for Masters study only and are fully-funded (including tuition fee, monthly stipend including accommodation, living and travel expenses).

    Applications for 2019 are now closed.

    We will publish the dates for 2020 applications on this page when they are confirmed.

    NTU courses which are part of the Commonwealth Scholarships scheme

    How to apply

    Please visit the Commonwealth Scholarships website for more information about the awards and how to apply.

    You can't apply directly to us, but if you want more information from us about the scheme or the courses we're offering please email us at commonwealth@ntu.ac.uk for advice.

    To be eligible to apply, you must:

    • be a Commonwealth citizen, refugee, or British protected person
    • be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
    • be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/ October 2019
    • have a first (Bachelors) degree which meets our requirements
    • not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a developed country
    • be unable, either yourself or through family, to pay to study in the UK

  • Chevening Scholarships

    Chevening is the UK government’s global leadership programme, offering fully-funded scholarships and fellowships for future leaders and influencers to study in the UK.

    We welcome applicants through this scheme every year.

    If successful, you'll live and study in the UK, during which time you'll develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture and build lasting positive relationships.

    Find out more, including information on how to apply for Chevening scholarships.

Still need help?

International Development Office
+44 (0)115 848 8175