This course will combine an introduction to the creative and technical aspects of 3D character animation with information about today’s animation industry.
Are you an animator of the future?
You will work on top-of-the-range equipment including high end workstations with Nvidia Quadro graphics cards and Wacom Cintiq HD Touch tablets and use TVPaint to create a simple storyboard. You will also learn how to add sound and music to an animation and how to direct your character for the screen.
Following an introduction to the history of 3D animation you’ll be set a project to develop an animated character and accompanying narrative. Your time will be split between working in the animation studio on your project, and hearing from guest speakers or visiting places of interest that inspire professional animators.
After studying this course, you should be able to combine new idea generation and research skills with your knowledge of Maya software and understand the different types of jobs available to you in the animation, gaming and visual effects industries. You will gain an understanding of what a company like Pixar looks for in a CV and have the confidence to present yourself and your showreel to potential employers.
You should have completed at least one year of undergraduate studies and have the required English language skills. Ideally you will have a demonstrable interest and prior knowledge of the subject.
Love the summer course experience! Charlotte was an amazing teacher and I learnt a lot! Amazing!
Jason Adicendana Tjahyadi
Location: City Campus
Starting: 8 July 2019
Course Duration: Two weeks
Credits: 10 UK / 5 ECTS
Early bird discount applies to students who pay their tuition fee before 31st March 2019:
Early bird discount fee
If you are interested in booking as a group of 10 or more, please contact us for more information and package prices.
Application deadline 1st June 2019
- Full social and evening events programme, supported by NTU student buddies
- At least one weekend visit to one UK city or other attraction (maximum of three trips available for those on the four-week programme)
- NEW for 2019 - English Conversation Cafe
- NEW for 2019 - An end of course ‘Summer School Showcase’ at which student work is exhibited to NTU students, staff and summer school students
- Access to NTU’s Global Lounges and services, including a free international lunch and week-day refreshments
- An Employability / Alumni session
- A GSS T-shirt
- Certificate of completion and a transcript of results
How to Book
Please download and complete the application form, and email it to the Global Summer School team:
Follow the Summer School Community
Follow us on Facebook to keep up to date on our programme of events for Summer 2019...