Computer Games Design
This course will introduce you to the production processes required in creating a computer game.
Design and create your own 3D game level using the latest industry standard software!
This course will introduce you to the production processes required in creating a computer game. You will be taken through the games design process using game design techniques, 3D modelling software and computer games engines. At the end of the course you will have created original game assets that can be used within your portfolio.
You will study at Confetti Institute of Creative Technologies in our Creative Quarter Campus – a tech-head's dream with cutting-edge facilities.
You will plan and design your game and research your ideas to create an original game design. Using the Autodesk suite you will create the 3D models that will be found in your environment and make decisions on characters, objects, colours, sizes, shapes and textures. Once your assets are complete you will import them into the Unreal Engine and here you will be able to create obstacles, consider how your character moves and the environment your game takes place in.
You should have completed at least one year of undergraduate studies and, as this is technology/software focused, have a basic understanding of IT. You should also have the required English language skills.
Location: Creative Quarter Campus
Starting: 8 July 2019
Course Duration: Two weeks
Credits: 10 UK / 5 ECTS
Early bird discount applies to students who pay their tuition fee before 31st March 2019:
Early bird discount fee
If you are interested in booking as a group of 10 or more, please contact us for more information and package prices.
Application deadline 1st June 2019
- Full social and evening events programme, supported by NTU student buddies
- At least one weekend visit to one UK city or other attraction (maximum of three trips available for those on the four-week programme)
- NEW for 2019 - English Conversation Cafe
- NEW for 2019 - An end of course ‘Summer School Showcase’ at which student work is exhibited to NTU students, staff and summer school students
- Access to NTU’s Global Lounges and services, including a free international lunch and week-day refreshments
- An Employability / Alumni session
- A GSS T-shirt
- Certificate of completion and a transcript of results
How to Book
Please download and complete the application form, and email it to the Global Summer School team:
Follow the Summer School Community
Follow us on Facebook to keep up to date on our programme of events for Summer 2019...