On this course you will explore the need for creativity and change in today’s business environment and idea generation techniques.
Be ahead of the competition and stand out from the crowd in today’s business world by being able to demonstrate your idea generation and problem-solving skills!
Design Thinking is aimed at business and marketing students who wish to enhance their creativity by combining techniques from the design and marketing professions to generate new and innovative ideas and solutions.
In this course you will:
- explore the business case for creativity in the workplace
- work in teams to solve simple design problems
- explore how to incorporate innovation in everyday business practices
- look at consumer behaviour and current marketing trends
- learn how to improve your project management and leadership skills
- be actively involved in studio design projects and consider prototyping and sketch modelling to present your concepts
- develop a personal project, supported by lectures on marketing and how to launch a new product or service
- explore presentation skills so that, upon completing the course, you will have a project that demonstrates your awareness of design, marketing, branding and business thinking, which you can present in teams to your tutors and fellow students.
After studying on this course, you should be able to demonstrate an understanding of the need for creativity and change in today’s business environment and knowledge of idea generation techniques, and the ability to use basic sketching and modelling techniques to present concepts effectively. It will also give you the skills to manage a project effectively.
You should have completed at least one year of undergraduate business course and wish to enhance your creativity and design thinking by combining techniques from the design, marketing and business professions. You should also have the required English language skills.
Location: City Campus
Starting: 22 July 2019
Course Duration: Two weeks
Credits: 10 UK / 5 ECTS
Early bird discount applies to students who pay their tuition fee before 31st March 2019:
Early bird discount fee
If you are interested in booking as a group of 10 or more, please contact us for more information and package prices.
Application deadline 1st June 2019
- Full social and evening events programme, supported by NTU student buddies
- At least one weekend visit to one UK city or other attraction (maximum of three trips available for those on the four-week programme)
- NEW for 2019 - English Conversation Cafe
- NEW for 2019 - An end of course ‘Summer School Showcase’ at which student work is exhibited to NTU students, staff and summer school students
- Access to NTU’s Global Lounges and services, including a free international lunch and week-day refreshments
- An Employability / Alumni session
- A GSS T-shirt
- Certificate of completion and a transcript of results
How to Book
Please download and complete the application form, and email it to the Global Summer School team:
Follow the Summer School Community
Follow us on Facebook to keep up to date on our programme of events for Summer 2019...