Design and Innovation in Business
On this course you will explore the need for creativity and change in today’s business environment and idea generation techniques.
Get ahead of the competition and stand out from the crowd in today’s business world by being able to demonstrate your idea generation and problem - solving skills.
This course is aimed at business and marketing students who wish to enhance their creativity by combining techniques from the design and marketing professions to generate new and innovative ideas and solutions.
In this course you will:
- explore the business case for creativity in the workplace
- work in teams to solve simple design problems
- explore how to incorporate innovation in everyday business practices
- look at consumer behaviour and current marketing trends
- learn how to improve your project management and leadership skills
- be actively involved in creative studio design projects
- consider prototyping and sketch modelling to present your concepts
- develop a personal project (with support)
- attend lectures on marketing and learn how to launch a new product
- explore presentation skills
Upon completing the course, you will have a project that demonstrates your awareness of design, marketing, branding and business thinking, which you can present in teams to your tutors and fellow students.
You will also be able to demonstrate an understanding of the need for creativity and change in today’s business environment and knowledge of idea generation techniques, and the ability to use basic sketching and modelling techniques to present concepts effectively.
It will also give you the skills to manage a project effectively.
You should have completed at least one year of undergraduate business or marketing course and wish to enhance your creativity and design thinking.
You should also have the required English language skills.
Location: City Campus
Starting: 12 July 2021
Course Duration: Three weeks
Credits: 15 UK / 7.5 ECTS
Fee: £1,650 or £1,485 with early payment discount
Follow the Summer School Community
Follow us on Facebook to keep up to date on our programme of events for Summer 2020...