This course will give you the opportunity to learn and apply the skills of the documentary film maker.
Have you ever wanted to produce your own documentary film?
On this course you will have the opportunity to learn and apply the skills of the documentary film maker. You will be introduced to the latest industry standard software used in the current television and film production industry, and taken through the documentary production process using industry standard production equipment including digital video cameras, audio recording equipment and professional lighting. At the end of the course will have created a documentary film that can be used in your portfolio of work!
You will study at Confetti Institute of Creative Technologies in our Creative Quarter Campus which is a tech-head's dream with cutting-edge facilities.
You will gain experience in the following aspects of documentary film production:
- Small crew roles and responsibilities
- Cinema Verite
- Constructing reality
- Capturing sound
- Lighting effectively
- Writing and recording for documentary
- Which approach is best?
- Rule of thirds
- Editing techniques for documentary
- Creating titles and lower thirds
- Eye contact and eye lines
- The camera in relation to action
Upon completing this course you will be able to produce high quality visual and audio content for your documentary film, and use postproduction software effectively. You will present your work to an audience explaining the use and application of theory and evaluate the effectiveness of applied technologies during the production process.
You should have completed at least one year of undergraduate studies and, as this is technology/software focused, have a basic understanding of IT. You should have the required English language skills.
Location: Creative Quarter Campus
Starting: 8 July 2019
Course Duration: Two weeks
Credits: 10 UK / 5 ECTS
Early bird discount applies to students who pay their tuition fee before 31st March 2019:
Early bird discount fee
If you are interested in booking as a group of 10 or more, please contact us for more information and package prices.
Application deadline 1st June 2019
- Full social and evening events programme, supported by NTU student buddies
- At least one weekend visit to one UK city or other attraction (maximum of three trips available for those on the four-week programme)
- NEW for 2019 - English Conversation Cafe
- NEW for 2019 - An end of course ‘Summer School Showcase’ at which student work is exhibited to NTU students, staff and summer school students
- Access to NTU’s Global Lounges and services, including a free international lunch and week-day refreshments
- An Employability / Alumni session
- A GSS T-shirt
- Certificate of completion and a transcript of results
How to Book
Please download and complete the application form, and email it to the Global Summer School team:
Follow the Summer School Community
Follow us on Facebook to keep up to date on our programme of events for Summer 2019...