English Language and Culture
This course focuses on the useful language and skills you will need for your Global Summer School course and for making the most of your stay whilst you are in the UK.
Build your confidence in English speaking and writing, and learn more about UK culture, by taking our two-week or one-week* course!
You will participate in interactive workshops and communicative sessions that provide taught content and plenty of fun opportunities for practice.
Over the course you will:
- further develop your formal and informal English language speaking skills
- expand your knowledge of English vocabulary and grammar
- transfer your English language knowledge to real-world situations
- enhance your ability to communicate in English within teams
- work together on a group project
- learn more about the UK, it’s people and culture.
After studying this course, you should be able to write and speak in English more effectively and more confidently. You will be better prepared to communicate with tutors and fellow students on your Global Summer School course. This course will also help you develop the skills necessary to be a more independent English language learner and visitor to the UK.
*The one-week course is only available to students taking a Block 2 course.
Location: City Campus
Starting: 8 July 2019 and 15 July 2019
Course Duration: Two weeks and one week
Credits: This course is not credit bearing
Early bird discount applies to students who pay their tuition fee before 31st March 2019:
Early bird discount fee
If you are interested in booking as a group of 10 or more, please contact us for more information and package prices.
Application deadline 1st June 2019
- Full social and evening events programme, supported by NTU student buddies
- At least one weekend visit to one UK city or other attraction (maximum of three trips available for those on the four-week programme)
- NEW for 2019 - English Conversation Cafe
- NEW for 2019 - An end of course ‘Summer School Showcase’ at which student work is exhibited to NTU students, staff and summer school students
- Access to NTU’s Global Lounges and services, including a free international lunch and week-day refreshments
- An Employability / Alumni session
- A GSS T-shirt
- Certificate of completion and a transcript of results
How to Book
Please download and complete the application form, and email it to the Global Summer School team:
Follow the Summer School Community
Follow us on Facebook to keep up to date on our programme of events for Summer 2019...