Financial Analysis and Investment Management (using Bloomberg)
This interactive course focuses on both the analysis of the main financial markets and securities, and the investor level, concentrating on risk management and wealth maximisation.
What are the main principles of financial and wealth management?
This interactive course focuses on both the analysis of the main financial markets and securities, and the investor level, concentrating on risk management and wealth maximization. You will develop an understanding of the role of economic indicators on financial markets and the value of securities, and an appreciation of the characteristics of the different securities and the main financial markets. This course will develop your capability to explore financial market opportunities in the context of wealth management using the Bloomberg Terminal.
During this course you will explore:
- Economic indicators and financial markets
- Currency markets and currency valuation
- Central banks and monetary policy
- Fixed income (money and debt markets)
- The stock market: equity research and valuation.
At the end of the course you will produce a group poster on one of the topics covered and present it to your fellow students. The poster will also be displayed at our Global Summer School Exhibition. Also, by completing this course you will obtain the Bloomberg Market Concepts Certificate, which indicates core knowledge of the Bloomberg Terminal.
You should have completed at least one year of undergraduate studies in either accounting, finance, or accounting and finance, and have an interest in financial and/or wealth management. You should also have the required English language skills.
You will study at NTU’s Nottingham Business School which is one of the top 5% of business schools in the world with an AASCB accreditation!
Location: City Campus
Starting: 22 July 2019
Course Duration: Two weeks
Credits: 10 UK / 5 ECTS
Early bird discount applies to students who pay their tuition fee before 31st March 2019:
Early bird discount fee
If you are interested in booking as a group of 10 or more, please contact us for more information and package prices.
Application deadline 1st June 2019
- Full social and evening events programme, supported by NTU student buddies
- At least one weekend visit to one UK city or other attraction (maximum of three trips available for those on the four-week programme)
- NEW for 2019 - English Conversation Cafe
- NEW for 2019 - An end of course ‘Summer School Showcase’ at which student work is exhibited to NTU students, staff and summer school students
- Access to NTU’s Global Lounges and services, including a free international lunch and week-day refreshments
- An Employability / Alumni session
- A GSS T-shirt
- Certificate of completion and a transcript of results
How to Book
Please download and complete the application form, and email it to the Global Summer School team:
Follow the Summer School Community
Follow us on Facebook to keep up to date on our programme of events for Summer 2019...