International Fashion Branding and Design
This course is perfect for fashion design and marketing students who wish to explore design, buyer behaviour and brand development in a UK and international context.
Research, design and create a new brand identity for a collection of your own fashion garments, accessories or products!
This course is perfect for fashion design and marketing students who wish to explore design, buyer behaviour and brand development in a UK and international context. It will provide a link between the creative process of fashion design and an understanding of today’s fashion industry.
You will be introduced to fashion design in the UK, looking at British designers such as Paul Smith, Vivienne Westwood and Alexander McQueen, and you will learn how British fashion brands have created a distinct voice in both the UK and international markets.
After undertaking fashion market research, you will begin to work on your fashion collection – garments, accessories or products. You will be encouraged to experiment with shape and materials and explore drawing and illustration techniques to create unique visuals of your collection.
On the final day of the course you will present your designs and a short report about your sources of inspiration. The presentation will include a collection of fashion concepts and illustrations, marketing intelligence and a unique brand identity.
You should have the required English language skills.
The course will include visits off-campus to galleries, museums and places of interest that are relevant to fashion students and fashion branding and promotion excursions to the high street, which will help you to identify key themes to support your project!
Location: City Campus
Starting: 22 July 2019
Course Duration: Two weeks
Credits: 10 UK / 5 ECTS
Early bird discount applies to students who pay their tuition fee before 31st March 2019:
Early bird discount fee
If you are interested in booking as a group of 10 or more, please contact us for more information and package prices.
Application deadline 1st June 2019
- Full social and evening events programme, supported by NTU student buddies
- At least one weekend visit to one UK city or other attraction (maximum of three trips available for those on the four-week programme)
- NEW for 2019 - English Conversation Cafe
- NEW for 2019 - An end of course ‘Summer School Showcase’ at which student work is exhibited to NTU students, staff and summer school students
- Access to NTU’s Global Lounges and services, including a free international lunch and week-day refreshments
- An Employability / Alumni session
- A GSS T-shirt
- Certificate of completion and a transcript of results
How to Book
Please download and complete the application form, and email it to the Global Summer School team:
Follow the Summer School Community
Follow us on Facebook to keep up to date on our programme of events for Summer 2019...