On this course you will learn and apply the skills of a modern music producer to create a completed music production.
Be a modern music producer and record, edit and produce your own music compositions!
This practical course will give you the opportunity to learn and apply the skills of a modern music producer to create a completed music production using the latest music technology!
You will be taught in our industry standard recording studios where you will be introduced to the software and hardware used in the current music technology industry.
During the course you will gain experience in the Recording Chain, digital audio workstations, audio and MIDI sequencing, compositional techniques, recording techniques and mixing skills.
You will take part in practical workshops, lectures and tutorials. At the end of the course you will produce between 3 - 10 minutes of music compositions that will be hosted on a suitable online platform.
You should have completed at least one year of undergraduate studies and, as this is technology/software focused, have a basic understanding of IT. You should also have the required English language skills.
Record, compose, produce and mix on our industry standard equipment!
Location: Creative Quarter Campus
Starting: 8 July 2019
Course Duration: Two weeks
Credits: 10 UK / 5 ECTS
Early bird discount applies to students who pay their tuition fee before 31st March 2019:
Early bird discount fee
If you are interested in booking as a group of 10 or more, please contact us for more information and package prices.
Application deadline 1st June 2019
- Full social and evening events programme, supported by NTU student buddies
- At least one weekend visit to one UK city or other attraction (maximum of three trips available for those on the four-week programme)
- NEW for 2019 - English Conversation Cafe
- NEW for 2019 - An end of course ‘Summer School Showcase’ at which student work is exhibited to NTU students, staff and summer school students
- Access to NTU’s Global Lounges and services, including a free international lunch and week-day refreshments
- An Employability / Alumni session
- A GSS T-shirt
- Certificate of completion and a transcript of results
How to Book
Please download and complete the application form, and email it to the Global Summer School team:
Follow the Summer School Community
Follow us on Facebook to keep up to date on our programme of events for Summer 2019...