The Transformational Leader and the Global Goals
On this course you will learn about global challenges relating to the sustainable development goals within industries such as food, energy and clothing.
Be a transformational leader - be part of the solution!
This course, based in one of the most sustainable universities in the world, explores leadership and contemporary challenges through the lens of the United Nations Global Goals for Sustainable Development (SDGs).
You will learn about global challenges relating to the sustainable development goals within industries such as food, energy and clothing. There will be opportunities to focus on your own academic discipline as well as learn from others and to come up with your own sustainable solutions.
The innovative course programme includes debates and discussions, lectures, seminars, practical workshops and games. You will also participate in a unique global research project and produce a project piece to display your new-found expertise in leadership and sustainability.
By the end of this course you should have gained insight into what it takes to be a transformational leader in view of contemporary sustainability challenges. You will be aware of some ways in which different academic disciplines are tackling global issues, and the potential for multi-disciplinary collaboration to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure prosperity for all.
To participate, you should have completed at least one year of undergraduate studies, have an interest in leadership and sustainability and have the required English language skills.
… Very fun and innovative learning experience. One of the best experiences of my life. The course was perfect in all aspects.
Location: City Campus
Starting: 8 July 2019
Course Duration: Two weeks
Credits: 10 UK / 5 ECTS
Early bird discount applies to students who pay their tuition fee before 31st March 2019:
Early bird discount fee
If you are interested in booking as a group of 10 or more, please contact us for more information and package prices.
Application deadline 1st June 2019
- Full social and evening events programme, supported by NTU student buddies
- At least one weekend visit to one UK city or other attraction (maximum of three trips available for those on the four-week programme)
- NEW for 2019 - English Conversation Cafe
- NEW for 2019 - An end of course ‘Summer School Showcase’ at which student work is exhibited to NTU students, staff and summer school students
- Access to NTU’s Global Lounges and services, including a free international lunch and week-day refreshments
- An Employability / Alumni session
- A GSS T-shirt
- Certificate of completion and a transcript of results
How to Book
Please download and complete the application form, and email it to the Global Summer School team:
Follow the Summer School Community
Follow us on Facebook to keep up to date on our programme of events for Summer 2019...